New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The never-ending Japanese Civil war continues. New looks, new body but still the same famous rally-bred sedans we've all wanted, STI and Evo.

I just saw these photos, not the specs, performance and features. something to recon with for the carmaniacs, inputs please.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Those are old photoshopped pics of the STI and will no longer have a sedan version but therefore will be based on the new chassis as a Hatch/5 door. The sedan is dead except here in the US as they would still be having a WRX sedan but no more STI sedans.

STI hatch for 2008 and we're looking about 300-320+ hp.

I wonder how the new all aluminum 4B11 of the new Evo would perform. Both cars are hot no doubt! ***y!!
    Last edited by HyBrideVo; May 3rd, 2007 at 10:35 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Best looking Impreza so far...

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Wow, that STI's a beast!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HBV, may 4door WRX na pala!!!

if the real cars look anything like those two pics, i think i would vote Soo Ba Roo! :clap:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    booooo!!!!!!

Down with the Scooobie!

hahaha.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Both cars look hot!

The EvoX looks ahead in terms of features, especially with that new DSG tranny. Full-auto mode will make it more civil on the streets, and especially through traffic.

If I were to buy one of the two though, I'd pick the STI. I rather not be a guinea pig for Mitsubishi's new aluminum engine's reliability. It'll be worth looking into the new Evo about a year after launch, or maybe when the XI comes out.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't think reliability will be a problem for the new block... especially if it is over-engineered.

Maybe this time we'll see EVO FQ400s that won't blow up in the sweaty palms of Top Gear testers...

Lookswise, I lean towards the EVO... more traditional than the WRX. Performance-wise? Let's wait for the comparos...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    on looks alone, evo :clap:

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Between these two new vehicles, siguro sa Evo X ako.

Although I would have to see both cars in-person before I make a final judgement.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI vs. Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X