New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I was wondering what is the most optimal tuning you could do with an 08 Impreza? Raising the HP and improving its already fab performance?

And with optimal I mean the best tuning package with the cheapest price..:D

my dad bought an AT 08 Impreza, so di na ako aasa na maraming magagwa kung sakali kasi AT..:D

thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ask the guys at the subaru club of the philippines

http://subaruclub.ph/forum/index.php

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by silverseeker View Post
    I was wondering what is the most optimal tuning you could do with an 08 Impreza? Raising the HP and improving its already fab performance?

my dad bought an AT 08 Impreza, so di na ako aasa na maraming magagwa kung sakali kasi AT..:D

thanks guys

Try NASIOC as well.

NASIOC Technical Sub Forum

NASIOC Normally Aspirated Powertrain Sub Forum

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Best bang for your buck would be to install a custom turbocharger with intercooler. It would bring the performance of the car to somewhat more "acceptable" levels.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You can try the most basic of engine mods: Intake/Headers/Exhaust.

Better breathing for your engine, and a preparatory step for any other mods you might plan to do (e.g. turbos)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Turbo.

The basic intake-headers-exhaust route has the downside of optimizing your car's upper power range by sacrificing some low end torque. With a manual car, getting around the torque hole is a double-clutch or downshift away. With an automatic, you have to ride it out.

Have a look underneath. If the 2.0 shares the same basic transmission with the 2.5 Turbo engine, then you can probably safely turbocharge the car. A lot of local shops can do this for you within 100,000 - 200,000 bucks.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Turbo.

The basic intake-headers-exhaust route has the downside of optimizing your car's upper power range by sacrificing some low end torque. With a manual car, getting around the torque hole is a double-clutch or downshift away. With an automatic, you have to ride it out.

Have a look underneath. If the 2.0 shares the same basic transmission with the 2.5 Turbo engine, then you can probably safely turbocharge the car. A lot of local shops can do this for you within 100,000 - 200,000 bucks.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005

thanks guys
    hi! i just saw your name sa SCP forums. just be patient bro, your model is still new, many are still doing research but sure you'll get there.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    hi! i just saw your name sa SCP forums. just be patient bro, your model is still new, many are still doing research but sure you'll get there.
    haha..yes im also a noob on SCP...actually the car is my dad's car..im still about to graduate this april and hopefully i can buy my own impreza in the future..heheh..wonder what job helps me earn much to buy one..hahahaha

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    haha..yes im also a noob on SCP...actually the car is my dad's car..im still about to graduate this april and hopefully i can buy my own impreza in the future..heheh..wonder what job helps me earn much to buy one..hahahaha
    great! my handle there is Kingpin. join us on our ebs and fun runs, you'll learn (learn to spend) a lot about your car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2008 Subaru Impreza 2.0RS Tuning