New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Hi guys ano pong mas maganda sa dalawa both 2008 starex at Carnival both automatic. And if starex TDCI or not which is better?

Interms of
    1. Space
    2. Under chassis
    3. Engine durability and power
    4. Fuel Efficiency
    5. Parts availability and easy to service

Gagamitin lang po pang hatid sundo sa mga kids at minsan long drive 3x a year lang

Sent from my FRD-AL00 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Starex.

Too short

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Starex VGT CRDI, very reliable plus parts are cheap as long as you know where to buy them.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kiankian2x View Post
    Hi guys ano pong mas maganda sa dalawa both 2008 starex at Carnival both automatic. And if starex TDCI or not which is better?

Interms of
    1. Space
    2. Under chassis
    4. Fuel Efficiency

Gagamitin lang po pang hatid sundo sa mga kids at minsan long drive 3x a year lang

Starex VGT. Will only consider the Carnival if it's the 2016 model onwards.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    My vgt na po ba na starex na 2008 model?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    My vgt na po ba na starex na 2008 model?

Yes basta yung CRDi. Grand Starex

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Interms of
    1. Space
    2. Under chassis
    4. Fuel Efficiency

IMHO

Starex has more outright space, but Carnival has configurable seats. Fold/tumble/removable 2nd row and stow away 3rd row creating a huge, flat loading space that can put an L300 to shame.

Underchassis for both seem to be holding well so far for the units of our kamag anak both Starex and Carnival. Haven't changed anything as far as I know. So if driven reasonably, should give many years more of noise-free driving.

On paper Starex has more power (174ps vs. 160ps) and torque (392Nm vs. 352Nm). Starex has VGT to beat turbo lag while Carnival makes do with an old school wastegate turbo. Turbo lag is still kept to a mininum though due to 2.9L displacement. Haven't driven a Starex, so can't compare with the Carnival. But the Carnival is no slouch. 100km/h at 5th gear is achieved at a lazy ~1800rpm, 140km/h at about 2500rpm. Didn't get to go any faster.

Parts is not a problem for both, especially since they've been around for so long. Any mechanic worth his salt are familiar with both already. If you prefer casa service though, Kia has much better and faster service.

If you do not need the power and/or have a driver, then you can consider the TCI Starex. Significantly down on power at just 100hp. Parts are cheaper and is easier to maintain though. Get the manual for better FC.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    2009 starex vgt crdi matic ano po mga common issues? Balak ko kc kumuha 2ndhand