New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I've been dreaming about getting a tiny car since I saw a Smart car on the street in Subic last summer. But since it's quite hard to find one and the price of the ones I found for sale doesn't match its small size, I've decided to settle for the ones that are locally available (and affordable!).

I've been searching the threads and can't find new info available on these cars (and most of the comments are not from unit owners naman). Please post what your recommendation would be, what your experience has been (if you own one), fuel consumption and some car comparisons. Rant and rave if you want

I'm considering to get either:
    Kia Picanto
    Hyundai Getz
    Chevrolet Spark
    (and what other tiny cars are out there???)
    and, of course, still dreaming about the Smart car! (anyone selling? mura lang ha! )

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ visit their respective car talk threads and there you'll be able to find car owners writing about their latest experiences, travails, & adventures in driving their particular subcompacts

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Of the cars you listed, the SMART is impractical simply because it will cost too much to buy one even 2nd hand.

Eliminating that, of the remaining cars, I think the Kia Picanto is the best choice.

The interior is rather roomy for a small car that even big guys will fit in rather well. The engine, even with it's small displacement, is still more than willing to get the car up to speed. And talking about speed, the car can handle pretty well. The interior feels well built and even the plastics look and feel rather well, not the cheap junk in some other cars I have tested.

The exterior look of the car has some character, not just some bland boxy micro-car.

My only major gripe is the lack of any real boot space. It only big enough to fit in a loaf of bread. But if cargo carrying capacity is what you need, you can always fold down the rear seat rests and have a boot big enough to fit a whole cow!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    How about yung mga chinese made cars? Chery QQ?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    among your choices, my first choice will be the 1.1 Getz. The second will be the Picanto.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sama nyo na din po ung bago namen i10. maliit talaga

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    sama nyo na din po ung bago namen i10. maliit talaga

sir ask ko lang kung irerelease na ng HARI dito yung i10? tnx

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    yes sir mag rerelease sila dito ng i10 as per sir lui

see thread