New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The Montero Sport has a larger 3rd row as compared to the Pajero. Both are likewise ladder-on-frame in terms of design basics.

My old Pajero with it's ancient 3.0L V6 did around 5-5.5km/L in the city. Pretty liveable at that time as i got the nearly the same FC from my Ford Escape 2.0. I'd guess the 3.8L with more power and MIVEC will be more respectable than that.
    AFAIK the BK Pajero is already unibody as shown in this article Mitsubishi Montero Review - Research New & Used Mitsubishi Montero Models | Edmunds and many others.

The Escape 2.0 drinks like an alcoholic. FC rivals a V6 but struggles to get up to speed. We had a 2.0XLT, and it was thirstier than our Accord 2.4! Our Accord 3.0V6 also does around 5km/L, and will dip to 4+km/L in continuous heavy traffic. I remember niky mentioning that the 3.0L 6B31 in the Outlander and Montero Sport V6 gives similar gas mileage too. I suppose that's what most 3.0L V6 engines will give in city driving. Now +800cc is like adding an Alto engine to the 3.0. I believe it'll consume much more like the 3.7V6 CX9, which does around 4km/L.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    AFAIK the BK Pajero is already unibody as shown in this article Mitsubishi Montero Review - Research New & Used Mitsubishi Montero Models | Edmunds and many others..
    Thanks for the correction. It's the same pala as the LC200 already...

OT: The problem of the 2.0L Escape is it's powerbank... high rpm. Walang hatak at the low range but if you floor it and drive at the high rpm range, it can still do well. Ubos lang gas mo. Best FC i've ever attained on it was 10km/L flat, highway.

The 3.8L would have better power-to-weight ratio so this can offset fuel consumption as against a smaller engine if the driver knows how to push the pedal prudently. The CX9 is really known to be a gas guzzler against the norm.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I believe it'll consume much more like the 3.7V6 CX9, which does around 4km/L.
    It's not that bad. I'm getting better than 5km per liter with 2013 CX9 on 100% city driving within CBD. Around 5.5km per liter actually.
    You might be referring to older model of CX9 (2007-2011).

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yeah. Liit 3rd row ng Pajero.

Then again, a Pajero will still be a Pajero. So Pajero ako. Just make sure it's well maintained.

Laki difference ng Pajero sa Montero

Sent from my 3210 using Tapatalk HD Premium

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    If the Pajero's 3rd row is already cramped, the Montero would be even more cramped due to its smaller size and ladder frame construction.

Personally, I'm definitely not getting the gas Pajero. I'm not driving a car that drinks around 4km/L on a daily basis. If I were to get a gasoline car, it'll be a high performance sedan or crossover, definitely not a utility vehicle. There's a reason why V6 Pajero's are so cheap, and it definitely isn't because of poor quality.

What's the budget? Are you only open to these two? With an over 1M budget, there are many upper-class cars in the 2nd hand market that will fit your budget. Perhaps instead of a new GLS-V, you can get a 2012 GTV? 2012 Mitsubishi Montero Sport GTV 2 5 diesel Dual Transmission Philippines - 11982690
    Or a 2012 Santa Fe? 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe AT R-eVGT 4x2 Fully Loaded Philippines - 11345646

Oh please, the Montero's third row seats are MORE comfortable and MORE spacious than the Pajero's. I'm saying this from EXPERIENCE.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Oh please, the Montero's third row seats are MORE comfortable and MORE spacious than the Pajero's. I'm saying this from EXPERIENCE.
    Lol.

This is another thing I'd have to agree with. When I went to Mitsubishi's showroom and have seen how ridiculous the 3rd row of the Pajero was, I couldn't think how much smaller the Montero's 3rd row seats were. But then when I checked them, I was surprised on how roomier they were than the bigger Pajero.

I'm not even 6 foot tall and yet I feel so crushed on the Pajero's 3rd row seats. Everything else was absolutely wonderful though. Maybe until it guzzles gas like there's no tomorrow.

Sent from my 3210 using Tapatalk HD Premium

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    which one u prepared. new one or 2nd hand??? for me I go sa bago kesa sa pinaglumaan...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    It's not that bad. I'm getting better than 5km per liter with 2013 CX9 on 100% city driving within CBD. Around 5.5km per liter actually.
    You might be referring to older model of CX9 (2007-2011).
    I think yours is the 4x2 variant? I was referring to the 4x4 version, which should be similar to the also 4x4 V6 Pajero.

Kudos to you though! I wonder what sort of driving gives you this kind of consumption! How long is your daily commute?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Go for brand new, you are at assured of warranty and peace of mind also. A 5 year old vehicle is already out of warranty and you have to be prepared for whatever will need replacement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12