New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mazda 6 for the price, features, looks and rarity....i also prefer to drive.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Camry pa rin ako...camry camry camry..hehe. I really like the boxy look.

But hey we all have different preferences. But with a cheaper price tag, mas attractive ang MZ6

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're the type who keeps the car for around 10yrs, ok ang Mazda 6. Hirap kasing ibenta Mazda vehicles dito sa Pinas, mababa pa ang resale value. Although mababa ang acquisition cost ng Mazda, sobrang baba din ng resale. Not sure lang about maintenance cost ng Mazda, sa Toyota kasi mas mura ang PMS nila compared to Nissan, Honda and Mitsu.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go for the Mazda6... it's just looks so gorgeous:

They made a lot of improvement over the old one, like the reduction of road noise and a lighter steering. Building up speed is effortless and you'll feel very confident driving the car.

bigbigcar.com Feature: BMW Dynamic Drive Experience

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: poor resale... depends on what Mazda. If it's a Mazda3, resale values are decent. Not as spectacular as they were before the new Civic came out, but decent. The Tribby, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    sir, the camry will still get my vote on this. the stability and performance of toyota is very evident in the philippines. that is why they charge more on thier cars.

im the the kind of person that dont want to take the risk of better technology/appearance but the stability is unproven. i mean why buy something that your unsure of rather than the proven?

well thats my point of view.

:peace:
    Well, see... that's the thing.

The one thing that's proven is that the Corolla is a reliable car. What I mean is the old Corolla... in terms of body integrity and electronics. Hondas had better engines, but Corolla engines were near the top of the class in reliability and the lack of those niggling little accessory issues that other Japanese makers (Mitsubishi, Nissan) had. But the Corolla's suspension quality was just about average compared to the class.

The Hiace has not proven itself (to me) to be any better or worse than the L300 or Urvan... wait, I take that back... I hate the L300... hahahaha... the Revo wasn't any better than the Adventure or the Crosswind in terms of reliability (the Crosswind, personally, is a piece of crap, but the 4JA1 is very reliable compared to anything else)... and the new Corolla has had engine issues, itself (thankfully, confined to the long-oil-change interval US crowd).

Toyota engines are good. Toyota electronics are good. Toyota suspension? So-so.

Ask mazdamazda. He has a RAV4, and he's spent a lot over the last few years in suspension maintenance. Another member put lowering springs on his Camry and blew his shocks in a year.

For me, the mythical all-mighty Toyota isn't so. They're good, yes, reliable cars... but they're not the best at everything.

And you mentioned unproven new technology... as Toyotas get more modern, they get more electronics, more parts and more expensive. Parts for new Toyotas will no longer be as dirt cheap as people are used to... especially as they're not going to let peopel start new taxi franchises with Corollas, Vioses or Camrys. Already, new Corolla ZZ engine parts are not as common or as cheap as parts for the venerable 4AFE.

Mazda may be unproven locally (whereas in the US, they're rated better than Nissan), yes, but you're not buying a car in this class expecting sari-sari store parts prices. You can't buy parts for big cars at the same rates as for Corollas or Sentras... That's why secondhand Accords, 626s and old Coronas are so cheap... parts prices are expensive, no matter what the brand... here, the Toyota and Honda still hold 50k more in terms of resale value, but given that all of these cars are selling for 1/8th their original price, that's really not that big a deal.

So, if I'm going to buy a midsized car... I'd rather look at what I want out of it... do I want an executive car I can drive? Mazda6. Do I want one I can ride in the back of? Camry. ;)

-----

I'm no Toyota hater... I actually like the Corolla Lovelife and the older AE92... and the new Hiace (despite being horribly uncomfortable in the back seat) is fun to drift... But I've driven quite a few new ones and I've really found them lacking in some of the things I expect from a mdoern motorcar... plus the downgrading and cheapening of lower-variant Toyota interiors over the past few years means that they're no longer as special feeling as they were when the previous Altis and Vios first came out.
    Last edited by niky; March 11th, 2008 at 02:13 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Case in point... the "stinking" Camry (heck, that also happened to the Rav4 before):

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46907

Yes, Toyota has good quality and all (mine is pushing 110K km already as a testament to that)... but they are not bulletproof as some claim... nor are the other Japanese manufacturers so far behind them in terms of reliability & performance.

bigbigcar.com Feature: BMW Dynamic Drive Experience

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    well yun lang po yung opinon ko with this comparison...

nothing against mazda 6 pero given the choice... camry will get my vote.

how i wish i can afford one tho...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    well yun lang po yung opinon ko with this comparison...

nothing against mazda 6 pero given the choice... camry will get my vote.

how i wish i can afford one tho...

Don't we all....

No worries naman sa argument. Your opinion is your opinion, but every time somebody claims "Toyota indestructible"... some of us go into professor mode... ...in other words, okay lang ang opinion, but you've got to get your facts straight. ;)

The Camry is a great car... once rode one for two hours straight at 140 km/h... great back seat. But it just doesn't do anything for me as a driver.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Niky,

I still don't consider the Altis' engine that reliable. My friend/shop owner told me that they have already overhauled 3 altises because of sludging issues...so much for reliability...yes the owners might have neglected oil changes but I think that the old engines can withstand more punishment.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Camry
    - executive look
    - dapat may driver
    - masyadong malaki, kung gusto mo ng malaki mag suv ka na lang
    - targeted sa mga 50-60 years old
    - kapag ginamit mo sa gimmik, baka sabihing sa erpat mo ang auto mo

Mazda 6
    - sportier
    - sleek and smaller
    - overall better looking

i don't care which is faster, or which has bigger HP, or which has better features. importante ang image and look.

my two cents.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
2008 Mazda 6 vs. 2007 Toyota Camry