New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i'm in the market for a 2nd hand car. Im choosing from these two. Any comments? and at what price are either worth buying? What should be my concerns? And if possible, point out each other's pros and cons. Thanks bros!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Spend your money on a brand new vehicle. It may be smaller but I tell you IT IS much better.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    clearly, Honda Civic FD wins.

basta i check mo lang yung kotse at dapat halos brand new condition pa kasi 2 years or less yung age ng kotse.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    no doubt, civic for me...

also check if its a flooded unit. usually yung immobilizer ang pinakaobvious na tinatamaan sa binaha.

good luck sir.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir, magkano yung asking prices?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    thanks for the comments guys....i know this is a touchy matter...i was catually been thining it over this afternoon....perhaps it would be better...or even best...to get a brand new vehicle instead.

SO...

i'm somehow decided already to get a brand new vehicle instead...tiptop condition, full warranty, plus, all the benefits of getting a fresh unit...

Mazda 3 1.6 V (outgoing model) OR Civic 1.8 S (with paddle shifter) or Altis 1.6 V

All are in the same price range (more or less P50k price difference)...

I'm leaning more towards the Civic right now actually...I went over Mazda Greenhills this afternoon and according to the SA, the all-new Mazda 3 may come in by 3Q or 2011 pa! ang tagal pa! Plus, the smiley front really does not appeal to me as much, but if considering the entire car, I think it's an outstanding car...The units sold in Malaysia right now are CBUs from Japan, so it's around P1.5M!!! Singapore, Thailand, and Philippines don't have these yet coz the Philippines' plant will be the manufacturing hub, and since wala pang clarity kung kelan talaga, it's a drag to wait that long. The all-new Civic naman puro hearsay lang sa Internet and wala pang nagmamaterialize...or even spyshots...

What do you guys think? And if possible, can you recommend a dealership that gives free lto, chattel, and insurance if possible?

TIA

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Powertrain-wise, the Civic is going to have an edge with its bigger displacement and 5-speed AT with the shifters.

Comfort-wise, the Altis has the smoother ride.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The Honda Civic gives you more excitement in driving than what the Altis gives. And, yeah the +200cc + 1 gear in A/T tranny is a big plus too ;) The seats of the honda civic is rock hard. You can however remedy this by putting leather/ette seat covers in it. The fuel consumption too is a bit less than the altis.

Tested : Honda Civic 1.8V M/T
    City driving - 8.5km/l
    Mixed driving ( 40%City ;; 60% highway ) - topped up at 11km/l

-

The Corolla altis gives you much enjoyable seats. It's soft and comfy compared to the Civic's. However, the Altis has a wallow-y steering compared to the Civics, but I think that won't be much of a problem. ;)

-

Mazda 3.

Old . But the looks is still taking me. Aggressive or angelic, whatever you call it.
    However, this drinks aloott of gasoline.

-

Bottomline :: Either of the 3 you'll get you shall enjoy. But if you'll let me pick, i`ll get the Civic for performance wise -, i`m used to it's seats so it won't be much of a problem to me. ;)

But if you'll get the Altis V, get the pearl white.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for the comments...i'm really quite lost among these three...

The Mazda 3 is nice....it's not superb for me, just nice. The price makes it attractive with the 898k all in price. but the design and the interior makes me feel it's more on the lower end of the spectrum compared to the FD and the altis. plus, sa tingin ko mabigat ang kaha. and you're right, gas guzzler.

For the Civic, hands down for me...i love it. the interior is fantastic, the design is appropriate, the paddleshifter, the 5 gears, everything! But i wasn't able to notice the seats being hard...is it really?

The Altis on the other hand, the design really hasnt taken off from its previous model. just some few adjustments...but it's nearer the "luxury" level. i haven't test driven this one yet, so I'm talking about it blindlhy...is it really that nice? especially the pearl?

Convince me more guys so I can make up my mind hehehe!

TIA

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    yes medyo may katigasan talaga upuan ng FD pero masasanay ka rin. hindi lahat ng malambot ay masarap :naughty2:

Altis 1.6V, wag nalang malambot upuan nyan, di gaano matagtag pero ang handling...

bilib ako sa handling ng FD, dati umuwi ako sa province gabi na noon kaya konti lang kotse, nakaka 80-100kph ako sa mga curves sa calamba at los banos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2008 Honda Civic 1.8S or 2008 Mazda 3 V