New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    after 2 months of searching and searching and with my limited budget im down to these 2. Too reluctant to buy secondhand.

Usage: I have a 2004 SUV that's i LOVE but hate the FC. So im looking for a second car, to save gas. This will be basically city driving, by myself, once or twice a week with wife-baby-yaya.

Getz is 488K
    i10 is 498K

I drove both to get a feel, and to me both seems ok. Thats why the decision
    to me is very close thats why i need all your combined expertise. Im sure each one of you will bring up things that i wouldnt be able to think of. Pasensya na di na kaya ng powers ko to think it through...

Thanks mga fellow tsikoteers

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Hmm...
    i10 more (power) features (CMIIW), fresher look, most likely ...
    getz 1.1 - spartan, but has been around for 3 years (i.e. parts might start to be more available now), slightly bigger cabin (CMIIW).
    Does the i10's rear seat tumble and fold? If not, if you're concerned about versatility in cargo carrying capacity, I would recommend the getz. If yes, whew... makes it even tougher a decision.
    So, if you're in to being more "in" by having the "latest" (in the looks category) toy and leaning to have more tech in your purchase, I think the i10 would fit your needs.
    My apologies, I'm just sharing based on my experience with a Getz as I have yet to see an i10 in person.... though I hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    The only thing that could make me go i10 is if it is compared with the Picanto, cos versus the Pica, it holds better value. More features and newer design.

But i think the Getz even though older is still better. But you cant go wrong with the i10 either. It has features galore and I think it is the smallest and cheapest car around with a driver's airbag (the gen1 Jazz 1.3S dont even have this.).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    The only thing that could make me go i10 is if it is compared with the Picanto, cos versus the Pica, it holds better value. More features and newer design.

But i think the Getz even though older is still better. But you cant go wrong with the i10 either. It has features galore and I think it is the smallest and cheapest car around with a driver's airbag (the gen1 Jazz 1.3S dont even have this.).

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    Hmm...
    i10 more (power) features (CMIIW), fresher look, most likely ...
    getz 1.1 - spartan, but has been around for 3 years (i.e. parts might start to be more available now), slightly bigger cabin (CMIIW).
    Does the i10's rear seat tumble and fold? If not, if you're concerned about versatility in cargo carrying capacity, I would recommend the getz. If yes, whew... makes it even tougher a decision.
    So, if you're in to being more "in" by having the "latest" (in the looks category) toy and leaning to have more tech in your purchase, I think the i10 would fit your needs.
    My apologies, I'm just sharing based on my experience with a Getz as I have yet to see an i10 in person.... though I hope this helps.

No the i10's rear seat is just "fold" and doesn't "tumble". Also, the manual i10's rear seat is bench-type not 60/40. I sat in the rear of the two cars and its about 3-4 inches from knees to front seat in the getz and about 2 inches in the i10

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    From what I remember, the Getz interior is somewhat bigger than the i10's, and I'm not all that impressed by the interior quality improvement of the i10 over the Getz (actually, I still like the Getz's interior).

What you do get with the i10 over the Getz is the more modern chassis, which is responsible for the 1-star improvement on the EuroNCAP (4 stars... great for a micro-car) over the Getz (3 stars), and the possibility that they've refined the drivetrain (the Getz's manual tranny can get a bit grungy over time). Also, as a newer model, the i10's resale value will stay higher than the outgoing Getz's after three years.

But I think the Getz is still worth the money. This is one of the few budget cars that's actually comparable in size to the Jazz and the Yaris, and if you can still get one at under 500k, it's a damn good bargain.
    Last edited by niky; September 2nd, 2008 at 03:37 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mas malaki pala interior ng Getz. I didn't fit in before whatever adjusting I did, my knees would come in contact with the steering wheel.

With the i10, kasyang-kasya ako. Better seating position i guess.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mas malaki pala interior ng Getz. I didn't fit in before whatever adjusting I did, my knees would come in contact with the steering wheel.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

ya i agree with you horsepower. At the helm the driver's seat seems to be higher so that the knees are lower and doesnt hit the steering wheel. Feels like a small "SUV" in terms of seating posture. While the Getz's seat is deeper at the cockpit kaya parang lubog and knees are slighly elevated. i think this is what they mean by "thigh support".

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i10 nalang sir. dami features na wala sa getz. lalu na ung engine temp. wla kasi sa getz un. mas malapad getz pero legroom parang lamang ata i10.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2008 Getz 1.1 M/T vs 2008 i10 1.1 M/T