New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Greetings! I would just like to ask your advice on which brand new car should i buy? I will be using it mostly for city driving since I am a physician. I am around 220 lbs. so I would like a car bigger than a sedan. I am practicing in Mindanao so these 2 cars are my choices. We do not have a mazda dealer here so the mazda 6 is not one of my choices. Thanks!

I would also like to know if there would be any model change for both cars since honda is offering a 58T pesos discount.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Both are great cars of equal footing.
    Generally,
    If you're driving -> Accord
    If you're in the backseat always -> Camry (reclining yung back seat nya)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    for me mas good looking ang accord..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    if your like me early 30's w/ a small family or planning to have a small family both are a great family car, both have good leg/head room and a really good trunk space. I like my 2004 honda accord LX V6 its comfortable even with 5 grown people, reliable i already have 90,000+ miles in it no major brake down. but both are boring (sorry just being truthful) even thou i took all the options thinking i wont get bored with it, after 4 years im getting ready to trade or selling it. only suggestion get the V6 you'll love the extra power when you need it specially if you got 5 people on the car. camry's are ok but cuz, in here in the states we see them as a grand parents grocery getter. my mom has a 2007 camry LE and its more borring than a vanila ice cream

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mizuno View Post
    Greetings! I would just like to ask your advice on which brand new car should i buy? I will be using it mostly for city driving since I am a physician. I am around 220 lbs. so I would like a car bigger than a sedan. I am practicing in Mindanao so these 2 cars are my choices. We do not have a mazda dealer here so the mazda 6 is not one of my choices. Thanks!

I would also like to know if there would be any model change for both cars since honda is offering a 58T pesos discount.
    The new Camry was introduced in 2007, the new Accord in 2008...so they're both fairly new to the market. Expect facelifts in 2.5-3 years into their lifecycle.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Camry ako, mas pogi eh

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yeah but Camry has a worldwide fungi-induced stinky AC problem.

so Accord na lang.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Accord. Hands down. Better looking and feeling interior (the console looks like it belongs in a 3 million peso car... actually, the button actuators feel better than in some 3 million peso cars.

Reclining seats? In a sedan, the amount of recline available is minimal, so while they're nice to have, I've never seen a reclining rear sedan seat that actually allowed you to sleep much more comfortably than a regular rear seat.

The Accord has a more buttery ride, and handling is still good (thanks to the double wishbone, that gives it decent driving dynamics despite the soft suspension tuning). Engines are fantastic, too, and fuel economy is good. Tires are pretty so-so, but the only sedans in this class with good tires are the Mazda6 (which you're not getting) and the Subaru Legacy (no dealership in your area, either, and it's way too small).

The only gripe I have with the Accord is that it is so humongous, it probably needs a 3rd set of aircon vents to keep the rear passengers cool... it often feels like you are in a different time zone in the rear seat, as you are so far from the front...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Accord ako especially kung yung top line model. The Accord is the middlemen between a Camry and a Mazda 6.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thank you everybody for your advice; they are all well-taken. Most were in favor of the accord. Personally, I prefer the Accord too especially the interior. Since I will be doing the driving, the power rear seats will not serve me nor the rear control panels which are found in the camry. My kids might just play with all these controls.

2008 camry 2.4V vs. 2008 accord 2.4