New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I'll go for the Sante Fe 2007 since it is a latest model, and why settle for second hand if you have the budget for a brand new.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sandamakmak View Post
    for me, lui has a good point panjong, depende sa priorities mo kung nasaang level ang resale value. confidence booster kung brand new ang kukunin ko kasi may warranty as against sa second hand unless dealer approved used car na usually eh may warranty from the selling dealer. and yes, p.wedeng ibalik ang mileage reading kung talagang gugustuhin my own view lang bro. Peace!
    ouch! that's got to hurt, lui!

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    oooppppsss . Taas pala pagkakatanong ko sa Patrol:D

It seems everybody unanimously go with Sta Fe

So "What Would Any Of You Suggest" na pwedeng ka * PAR na SUV to go against with Sta. Fe, im refering a Pre Own SUV po, Budget of 900k.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    An '02 Patrol in the 950k range is possible especially if you're fine with a manual transmission and cloth upholstered unit. But if you want a leather, A/T unit that was well looked after by the previous owner, count on paying around Php1.1M++ for a 'ready to drive' unit which will not require any repairs (just routine maintenance and some cleaning) to bring up to daily driver status. Most of the Php950k A/T units I looked at already needed considerable work and polish to meet my standards.

Neither one of the two choices is bad. But if you just want something to use on-road and have no plans of ever intentionally going off-road, then the Sta. Fe is leagues better than the Patrol. The Sta. Fe rides better and drives better. It also has a smaller body and a smaller turning radius than the Patrol, yet interior space in the Sta. Fe is generous due to the monocoque construction. And hey, it's brand new! Value after 3 years is not really important unless you plan to sell it.

The Nissan Patrol, at least for me, is more of the 'keeper' car. It ranks it up there with the LC80, MB W124 series and other vehicles which you can literally pass on from one generation to another.

Try to test drive both first before deciding. They drive very differently from each other. The driving dynamics of the Nissan Patrol is the exact opposite of the ideal "driver's car".

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    VERY WELL SAID!!!

At this point you helped me decide to consider many things on my choices

Thanks BRO...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    nissan patrol kelangan may driver ka, ambigat manehuhin yan d pa CRDi

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Like Lui and OTEP have said... priorities, priorities, priorities. Kahit anong brand new car, talong talo ka sa resale... yung Patrol nga lang... over 1m ang depreciation niya...

The Santa Fe probably won't hold its value like ladder-frame off-road pre-CRDi diesels, but since it's still a diesel, the diesel mystique will give it at least decent resale value.

And malaki talaga ang difference in terms of on-road performance and ride comfort compared sa ladder-frame vehicles. It's like an Accord in SUV clothes. The steering, ride and body control are really that good.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Panjong View Post
    kaso ang kinatatakot ko baka dinaya yung mileage, nadadaya ba yun?
    yup...since its digital, yung iba pinapalitan na lang yung boung dash gauge/cluster ng surplus one with low mileage...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    IMHO, santa fe will hold a better resale value compared to other hyundai cars due to its "growing" reputation and better image, ayan naman nagdidktate ng resale value.

so i'll still go with it, plus its a Diesel and is very Fuel efficient, 11-13km mix , compared to a 2002 Patrol. i talked to a guy last year who is selling his 2004 Patrol which consumes 4-6km/l mix .

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the Patrol's condition is good then it is a good buy if you will use it to off-road (even in 4x2 guise) once in a while. Though the 35K km odometer reading is kinda dubious but if the previous owner had several other vehicles this might be possible. Do also read the Patrol GU thread to get an idea of the cost of some of the maintenance items.

If you don't plan on off-roading, then the Santa Fe is a very good choice. There are already a lot of satisfied SF owners here in Tsikot as a testament to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2007 Sta. Fe vs 2002 Patrol