New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    hi guys..just want to get your opinions on why mitsubishi philippines still markets the pajero fieldmaster. in its latest incarnation, it gets a lot of cosmetic goodies..but is the PHP1.8M price tag worth it? where is it manufactured? do consumers still buy this vehicle? and will they still continue to sell it 5 years or so from now?
    Last edited by camper; December 4th, 2007 at 07:34 PM. Reason: additions

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mitsubishi sells it because they have an existing plant and tooling for it, and because people still continue to buy it.

The same generation Pajero is also still manufactured in China but under license and uses a different brand name.

The price tag is a bit too much for me, especially considering it doesn't even have four wheel drive. The rest of the vehicle has proven itself over time. Unlike 'modern' rigs, this Pajero has no complex computers to break down and everything is built to truck standards. No car parts on this one.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

+1 ako dun...tibay ng model /generation na yun.. pero nagpamahal lang sa pajero nun is the accessories, just like the xwind/sportivo....

heck mitsu still sell those L300 versa-van (kidnaper's delight--lalo na sa sine) and thats brand-new and at 800T plus!same price as the newer urvan of UMC...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    the P1.8M price tag isn't worth it, imho, not anymore with all the available choices you can get your hands on in that price range. kung 4x4 na sana yan, pwede pa.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hindi na worth it... ang pangit ng interior nito. 1.8m is too much cguro mga 1.3-1.4 pwede pa but not 1.8m. there are better suvs out there.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Para sa kin kung may m/t with 4x4 drive train lang I would still consider it kahit na almost 10 years na ang design. Of all the generations, ito rin ang pinaka gusto ko next of course to gen 4 provided with m/t nga.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it only had 4x4... but still, it has goodies that nothing else in this price range has... the controllable shock damping, tire pressure monitors, the instruments, etcetera... it really does feel a class above many 1.5 million peso SUVs... except when you stop to consider how little power it has compared to them and the fact that the design is older than your grandpa...

It's not a bad car... I actually like it. It's just about 400,000 pesos too expensive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yup I agree na mataas talaga price for brand new. Pinaka maganda dito let someone else buy it and use for mga 1 year then bilin mo second hand.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    excuse me mga sir... but im a proud owner of 2007 fieldmaster... maybe some people would be thinking twice in buying a decade old pajero bcoz of its sticker price... but come to think of what would be instore for you for the next 3-5 years.... i really doubt how will the fortuner or everest (close rivals of pajero) be in 5+ years... eventhough hinde sha 4x4, ung power nya as a 4x2 maybe not as much but closer to an AWD compare sa mga rivals nya na 4x2...

what won me over buying a 2007FM over other suvs, is its reliability... the mutual respect as u grace to the streets... chempre iba pa rin ung dating ng pajero... performance tested and an all time classic..

im not against any other suv, im just happy and contented to what a 2007 fieldmaster offers... no regrets at all!

^_^

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    my tito is going to buy this 2007 pajero fieldmaster next week inaayus nya lang daw papers.and he also said that theres a 100k less.so bale 1.7m po sya...

'2007' pajero fieldmaster