New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The civic's a whole class bigger and all that that entails.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's a third car, actually, Swift.

The Swift's main drawback is that it doesn't have any rear seat space. If you're only using it as a third car / coding car / occassional car, this won't really matter.

Jazz is next, it's just about as fun to drive as the Swift, but it's more common. Much more useful, though. It's my first choice, actually, but I must admit, the fact that there are lots of Jazzes out there is a turn-off for some buyers.

The Civic is okay as a first car or second car, as a third car, there are more "fun" choices.

The new Yaris is an unknown. Initial reports from outside testing indicate it's not as good as the Jazz, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    had the opportunity to test drive the swift yesterday. i was expecting it to be really fast considering the compact car was mated to a 1.5 engine. sad to say i did not find it quicker than the jazz 1.3 cvt that i also test drove. steering was point and shoot quick and overall ride was not as stiff as the jazz.

another issue i had with the swift was cabin noise. maybe it was the potenza tires or lack of insulation but the ride was not as quiet as with the jazz. i've been driving an innova g a/t for 2 years and both the swift and jazz exhibited higher cabin noise. innova is really quiet, jazz is passable for a small car but the swift, if i decide to get it, will have to slap on new rubbers, maybe a soft compound dunlop.

not on your list is the yaris and i fully understand why. i also waited for this car but was dissapointed with the variant that came in. interior was no better than getz, at least getz is 100k cheaper. no offense meant to getz owner, just stating facts re: interior comparison.

the swift gets my nod for fit and finish, jazz for fuel economy. also looked at the focus trend but i really want a hatch for my daughter. if only they will bring in a focus hatch 1.6...............or better, the diesel one nikky is dreaming of :-)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Its the Swift for me. Jazz and Civic are too common out there on the road.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    if money not an issue, syempre civic for me...

test drove my friend's swift, sayang lang pera. he's selling it na at palugi price. jazz, compact size pero very roomy interior.

seen yaris last year in thailand, nakakadisappoint nga ung model dito sa atin. sayang lng pera. mas ok pa ang vios.

pero syempre test drive mo rin lahat ng unit na gusto mo. who knows whats not good to us maybe best for you.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Jazz na. 3rd car mo na pala, kalat na ang jazz kasi maganda siya. Im also in the same situation as you now. Im choosing bet jazz 1.5 and Civic 1.8s. Im now leaning towards the civic coz of its ride quality. Medyo bouncy or parang hindi smooth ride ng Jazz compared to the civic. plus the fact its gonna be my primary car so parang civic nalang siguro kunin ko.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    thanks for all the comments, sabi sa suzuki waiting pa sa swift 1-2 months pa. i cant wait that long. i guess im leaning towards the civic. but who knows, ill keep u posted thanks again.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    btw medjo naguguluhan ako kung 1.8s a/t or 2.0 m/t ang pipiliin ko kasi mga 50k pesos lang difference and u get electric ps sa 2.0 and 3 yrs free lto reg etc. help naman to which variant to choose.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayz View Post
    btw medjo naguguluhan ako kung 1.8s a/t or 2.0 m/t ang pipiliin ko kasi mga 50k pesos lang difference and u get electric ps sa 2.0 and 3 yrs free lto reg etc. help naman to which variant to choose.
    IMHO get the highest variant palagi. You would really enjoy the full benefits of the car you bought kung highest variant pipiliin mo. Lower variant models are cheaper pero IMHO engines are not really designed to maxmize the true performance of the car you are buying.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The percentage of resale value will stay higher for the base model, and the 1.8 is quite a bit more fuel efficient... and it's more than quick enough if you don't desire SiR pace.

But I agree with boyscout, go ahead and get the 2.0. I like the torque better and the electric power steering actually feels meatier than the regular power steering on the 1.8 variant.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2007 models 1.5 cvt jazz vs. 1.5 swift vs. 1.8s a/t civic