New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Hi everyone! I'm currently torn between the suzuki ciaz and toyota wigo a/t as my first car. I would be using the car primarily from home to work. I have 0 knowledge about cars that is why I would want suggestions on my soon to be first car from the pros in this forum. Feel free to share your thoughts. Thanks everyone

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Both are different platforms. The ciaz is a subcompact, where it's rivals are the vios and city while the wigo is a mini hb that rivals the mirage hb and eon or celerio. If you're going for the a/t, then the ciaz is a better choice as it has a bigger engine over the wigo. The latter is better with a m/t than an a/t.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    0 knowledge in cars means you'll probably be going to the dealership for repairs and maintenance.

In that case, your best bet is probably going with the Wigo.

Also consider: Vios, City.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Both are different platforms. The ciaz is a subcompact, where it's rivals are the vios and city while the wigo is a mini hb that rivals the mirage hb and eon or celerio. If you're going for the a/t, then the ciaz is a better choice as it has a bigger engine over the wigo. The latter is better with a m/t than an a/t.
    Thanks sir, but in your opinion is the suzuki ciaz good for a first time car owner?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jawo View Post
    Thanks sir, but in your opinion is the suzuki ciaz good for a first time car owner?
    Well i'm not familiar with the suzuki brand, since we have never experienced buying and owning one locally. But if this is your first time buying a brand new unit, i think it's better to have toyota or honda as a choice since they are common in the streets and also have good aftersales support.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    It's certainly a better car than the Wigo. More space, more refined ride, better engine, better looks.

It's also more expensive though. For the price of a Ciaz (773k), I'd rather get a Honda City 1.5E (804k). Bigger engine, better resale value, wider dealership network, better brand equity, better looks. The additional 30k is definitely worth it if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi everyone! I'm currently torn between the suzuki ciaz and toyota wigo a/t as my first car. I would be using the car primarily from home to work. I have 0 knowledge about cars that is why I would want suggestions on my soon to be first car from the pros in this forum. Feel free to share your thoughts. Thanks everyone
    if you will be doing hi speeds and long drives, get the ciaz. "hindi bagay" ang wigo ko sa long, hi speed drives.
    if for the city only, or if you have space issues in the garage and the neighborhood, the wigo will probably be better.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    If only for being a more "proper" car, i'd go with the Ciaz. And being quite uncommon on the road, it's quite a headturner too. I would guess it would also handle better and drive better too. Well, that's not considering after sales support, which you probably need to do more due diligence if you so decide on the Suzuki.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2017

CIAZ shares best fuel efficiency with G4, according to Uber drivers. Parts is a big question mark as relatively new in the market.

WIGO is NOT a Toyota... It's a Daihatsu.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Same as Jut. If you're going to shell out 773k for a Ciaz, I would spend an extra 30k to get a City E CVT. If you're going to get this thru a loan, the difference will be minimal but you get a better car with the City.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast