New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    Is the Accord the 2.0 i-VTEC? This model is slow yet drinks gas. The engine is too small and struggles to haul a big, heavy car. It feels solid though, more manly than a comparable Camry. If you can get your hands on the 2.4 version, it should be a better drive. The ass, however, is an eyesore unless you have a weird taste, but I guess the more expensive late 2006 facelifted model is out of the question.

The Civic should sound good. I'd really pay a hundred grand more to get a brand new car. A major flaw is the drooping nose that makes you play guessing games whether or not the front is about to hit something. But the 1.8-liter engine should be pretty powerful enough and efficient as well.
    yes, sir! it's the 2.0 i-vtec. it's pretty fast when i test drove this morning. hinataw ko mula sa u-turn from eastwood upto sa u-turn sa ortigas extension. mabilis naman. ayoko nung 2.4 version. nasira yung accord dun sa pagpalit nung napakapangit na pwet. parang hinati. i like this version better. ganda ng tindig eh. lalo na yung pwet. ganda nung tail light red and white.

so the civic is the main choice here... alright. will go to honda tomorrow to submit my requirements. just hope my financing gets approved.

thanks everyone! kung may insights pa kayo tuloy lang. papa-process ko pa lang naman yung application for financing. dun sa accord kase na-approve na ako. upto next week pa ang aking final decision. really appreciate the replies. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    /vote Accord

2 or 3 years along the civic won't have that "new car" feeling that gives it an advantage right now... perhaps within a year even

ill still go for the CIVIC....but still its your decision

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    medyo masakit nga sa likod un upuan ng civic. mas comfy accord pero iba ang brand new and since its the 2.0 accord id get the civic.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by birdnipol View Post
    accord for you...
    sanay ka na sa guzzler kasi yung revo na ginamit mo e 5k/l lang, ang accord e 7k/l so makakatipid ka pa din.
    nasisikipan ka sa civic. masakit pa sa likod.
    isipin mo...kung araw-araw mo dadalhin yan e araw-araw ka maiinis dahil masikip o masakit likod mo hehehe
    yung
    100k+ na matitipid mo e pwede mo pandagdag sa gas na gagastusin mo tsaka sa parts/service.
    naku po. gumulo na naman ang desisyon ko. hehe. thanks sa input, sir.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As for the seats... well, maybe get seat covers made, since you don't have airbags anyway, and add extra padding around the lumbar area. I don't understand why Honda thinks we all sit like ROTC cadets ( ). Blind spots on the Civic are an annoyance (***y cars are always hard to see out of... try driving a 300C or a new Volvo, and you'll know what I'm talking about), yes, but if you've been driving a Revo, the small size will make it easier to drive.

If being brand new really matters to you, go ahead and get the Civic. Just be sure to double check the trim and fittings on your unit to avoid the hassles some owners have with their new Civics.

Even though I really prefer the Accord, and despite all my "panlalait" to the Civic on the boards, I think the new Civic is still a very good car. Di ko lang type...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    kung madalas ka mag long drive go for the accord. pero kung city driving civic.

for me accord :D

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'd suggest you test drive.

Kung ako depende kung gano katagal mo gagamitin. Kung more than 3 years, accord na. As time goes by kasi medyo sumasama ang ride nung civic. Medyo recent pa din naman yung accord -- kung walang problema, tatagal pa ng matagal yan and the ride will be better than the civic for a longer time.

Kung less than 3 years -- siyempre iba pa din ang brand new. The excitement of a brand new ride should get you going around that long. hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I'd take the accord as well. At least it's sorta new tsaka pre-facelift model pa, which IMHO is a lot better looking than the current model. Plus it's got a great ride compared to the civic imo. And the 100k you saved could be spent on mods and repairs if need be...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    great! thanks for the replies fellow tsikoteers!

still haven't decided yet though. words cannot express how much i love this website. it has become my daily routine. galeng! :D

here are some pics of the accord:
    http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?im...0070022vi1.jpg
    http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02152007ip6.jpg
    http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2007001pj8.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2007 civic vs. 2004 accord