New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Mga sir need advice. Im planning to buy a lancer ex 1.6 glx a/t. Its gonna be my 2nd car coming from a 2007 civic fd which was a hand me down from my brother last 2010. Is this still considered as an "upgrade"? The civic is a good car and it still looks good imo even with the new model around. Dilemma ko rin kung good buy pa ba tong lancer knowing that its been around since 2008. Baka pagkabili ko may bago nang labas. Mararandaman ko ba yung difference sa hatak? 1.8 kasi yung civic eh. 1.6 lang yung lancer. I really like the look of the lancer and im planning to install body kits to make it look like a sports car for a cheap price. The thing i like most about lancers is its rarity. Its not that its really rare but compared to other cars. Such as the vios and my very owns civic madami ako kapareho sa daan. Minsan lang ako makakita ng lancer and even if its a 2008 design, it feels new. Hindi nakakasawa. Maangas pa rin and head turner. The only alternative im considering is the elantra pero parang ayoko na talaga. Sobrang ganda ng itsura nya for the first couple of months pero ngayon nakakasawa na rin. And its also more expensive. Thanks sa mga input if ever. Sorry dami tanong. Noob lang.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yup! Pag ganyan always pick whatever is newest. Kahit pagtabihin mo yun 07 Civic sa no plates brand new lancer, mas pipiliin ng tao yun lancer kasi mas bago.. unless honda fan ka. Same category naman kasi, would have chosen otherwise kung 07 Civic mo sa Eon haha

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'd go for the brand new.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    it's an upgrade. but my opinion is, 5 year old pa lang ang car mo. any problems with it? anyway. kung gusto mo lang talaga ng new car, go with it. as bro renzo says, pick the newest :D

you're inlove with the looks. no one has the right to object with you

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    Mga sir need advice. Im planning to buy a lancer ex 1.6 glx a/t. Its gonna be my 2nd car coming from a 2007 civic fd which was a hand me down from my brother last 2010. Is this still considered as an "upgrade"? The civic is a good car and it still looks good imo even with the new model around. Dilemma ko rin kung good buy pa ba tong lancer knowing that its been around since 2008. Baka pagkabili ko may bago nang labas. Mararandaman ko ba yung difference sa hatak? 1.8 kasi yung civic eh. 1.6 lang yung lancer. I really like the look of the lancer and im planning to install body kits to make it look like a sports car for a cheap price. The thing i like most about lancers is its rarity. Its not that its really rare but compared to other cars. Such as the vios and my very owns civic madami ako kapareho sa daan. Minsan lang ako makakita ng lancer and even if its a 2008 design, it feels new. Hindi nakakasawa. Maangas pa rin and head turner. The only alternative im considering is the elantra pero parang ayoko na talaga. Sobrang ganda ng itsura nya for the first couple of months pero ngayon nakakasawa na rin. And its also more expensive. Thanks sa mga input if ever. Sorry dami tanong. Noob lang.
    Kung ako, ako lang ah. Hindi ito upgrade para sa akin, since it is inferior performance wise. Honestly, if I can only afford this much, I'd keep the Civic, spend on detailing, install whatever new technological goodies there are in the Lancer EX, and maybe even install some engine mods to make it faster and more fuel efficient.

If I really want a Lancer EX, I'd look for a 1-2 year old 2nd hand 2.0 M/T then dress it up. That, for me, is an upgrade. But then again, that's just me. My family has a longstanding history of buying excellent 2nd hand cars.

If you don't like the way the Elantra looks, maybe you'd like the Kia Soul. Same 130hp 1.6L engine and 6 speed transmission as the Elantra, very few on the road, funky looks make it a definite head turner too. WIth this car you also get bigger cargo space.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Yea may issue. Pero its more of a convenience issue lang if i dont have it repaired. Mahal yung repair thats why ibebenta at bibili ng bago. Otherwise its still running well. I use it everyday pampasok sa school. Concern ko lang sa lancer is yung upcoming refresh by 2014 or 2015. Although madaming nagsasabi na papasang timeless classic ang lancer lalo na kung pimped out with body kits masakit pa rin sa dibdib yung may bago na. Hehe. Lancer 1.6 vs elantra 1.6 saan kayo?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Thanks for the input sir gti! Thinking of 2nd hand din para makatipid and for the 2.0 engine? Gonna have to discuss it with my family. Pero sana hindi sirain yung makuha namin if ever. Ang ayaw kasi nila sa 2nd hand eh yung maintenance cost and the uncertainty if the car is running well or not. I guess kung 2.0 ipapalit ko or kung gt-a model na, upgrade nga yun.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    Thanks for the input sir gti! Thinking of 2nd hand din para makatipid and for the 2.0 engine? Gonna have to discuss it with my family. Pero sana hindi sirain yung makuha namin if ever. Ang ayaw kasi nila sa 2nd hand eh yung maintenance cost and the uncertainty if the car is running well or not. I guess kung 2.0 ipapalit ko or kung gt-a model na, upgrade nga yun.
    The Lancer is a fairly reliable car. There are many satisfied Lancer EX owners here in Tsikot. Lalo na kapag manual kinuha mo, you get a faster and more fuel efficient car. You're still young, so driving a stick shift shouldn't give you knee problems. There won't be any costly transmission problems in the near or distant future either. A low mileage 1-2 year old car is basically still new. Get a mechanic to check the car, but in most cases, unless the car was flooded, there shouldn't be any problem with getting a young 2nd hand car. Heck, its still under warranty! At this age there wouldn't be anything major to replace yet. I believe if your FD is still stock, it still has pretty much all of its original factory parts intact, right?

9. Join Date
    May 2010

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Yup my fd is all stock. Argh. Ganda nung view sa fd. Napaisip isip tuloy ako. Its a really nice car. Sir gti do you own an fd yourself? Should i keep mine for a while longer? I think the look of fd can still match the newer cars around. I still drive it proudly. The repair will cost around 70k. Although theres no rush. Should i go for the repair even if its too costly? Or sell it and get a lancer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2007 civic fd 1.8 for a brandnew lancer ex 1.6. Worth it?