The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    get camry 3.5Q

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Oh, ok. I was a bit off. But, that accounts for why the Legacy sedan is a compact and the Legacy Wagon is a mid-size. More room in the back....
    Actually, they're BOTH mid-size -- in Japan where they come from. Kaya pala nakakalito kasi sa Japan, mas maliit ang classification ng mid-size probably due to their fuel-efficiency focus. (wikipedia)

I agree in other markets, it probably won't even be close to being an exec car (tama na marketing term siya but also used by mags like C! in classifying cars) -- it isn't even priced as an exec car in other countries.

Kaya lang sa mahal ng price sa 'Pinas, car classifications have moved 'up' a little. For example, ang civic dito is priced atUSD 21,000 (mostly due to taxes). Samantalang sa USA, for exmple, yung 21,000 ay pang accord na at may konting sukli ka pa.

Hope that clarifies things. Iba iba yata kasi ng bansa ang POV eh.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Actually, they're BOTH mid-size -- in Japan where they come from. Kaya pala nakakalito kasi sa Japan, mas maliit ang classification ng mid-size probably due to their fuel-efficiency focus. (wikipedia)

I agree in other markets, it probably won't even be close to being an exec car (tama na marketing term siya but also used by mags like C! in classifying cars) -- it isn't even priced as an exec car in other countries.

Kaya lang sa mahal ng price sa 'Pinas, car classifications have moved 'up' a little. For example, ang civic dito is priced atUSD 21,000 (mostly due to taxes). Samantalang sa USA, for exmple, yung 21,000 ay pang accord na at may konting sukli ka pa.

Hope that clarifies things. Iba iba yata kasi ng bansa ang POV eh.
    I was going by Yahoo's classification which is for the USDM. I did ride an acquaintance's Legacy turbo wagon in Japan and the backseat is somewhat cramped with me and another person (big Japanese guy) riding at the back. I don't know if I want to take it on long trips. For short trips like going to the mall, I'm fine with it. But, the back room is nowhere close to a Camry's or the even more spacious Sonata.

The Lagacy is better suited though for the many narrow roads in Japan and the Philippines. Something to keep in mind.

At least up north by Aomori, I saw very few Camrys, maybe a handful at best while Legacy wagons were all over the place.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
2007 camry vs 2007 accord