New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    seeking some advice...

balak ko rin bumili ng car this month. ask lng po ako for some advice "2006 honda jazz 1.5 cvt or new honda city". tsaka hingi na rin po ako ng referral kung cno SA nyo? manila base po ako... salamat po.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    If your budget permits, get the '06 Jazz 1.5 CVT, no doubt. More flexible cargo hauling compared to the City.

Jazz (06) 1.5 V CVT (w/ SRS and ABS) PHP 772,000.00
    City 1.5 V CVT (w/ SRS and ABS) PHP 740,000.00

Php 30,000 difference. Not bad. I'd still get the Jazz, definitely no regrets on that one.

Regarding the SA, I can refer you to one at Honda Shaw Blvd. PM me if you want her contact #.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Mag toyota ka nalang laki discounts ngayon...

Read my SIG!!!!!!!!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the PROBLEM is that.. walang katapat si toyota sa Jazz or City. Vios is too small inside. although arguably for 700k+ pwede na rin Avanza G. pero walang discounts.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Also Avanza will not be as fuel efficient as a Jazz or City.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    matter of taste
    1. shape
    2. trunk space

good side - good engine
    1. no shift shock transmission (for at versions)
    2. fuel efficient

bad side - defective/poor design/fabrication
    1. ratttling dashboard (in others, rattling doors)
    2. floorboard is made of this metal
    3. water dripping inside
    4. falling-off interior accessories
    this is to name a few.
    (note: sales of these models may not be that good recently. so there is a chance that you get a long stocked unit, with some portions of it only facelifted to look newer. updated baga. in this case, you may have to check for rusting.)

customer relations - okay

action on complaints coursed through customer relations or dealer - very poor; most technicians cannot repair problems relating to the dashboard, even honda's plant technicians. ( i have a friend who has problems with his steering. honda's technicians could not repair it. ang sabi? ganun talaga lang yan sir, e.)

warranty - read the warranty booklet before buying
    note: all the defects enumerated as bad side above are specifically EXLCUDED from the warranty. naka-read ink pa yang exclusion na yan. in other words, all known problems are excluded from the warranty. parang kung bumili ka, bahala ka basta kami (honda) wala na kami paki.

percentage of getting a lemon city or jazz - unknown, although there are known problems manifesting even on new versions (we have a 2006 city 1.5 at). dealers will not deny this. since all of them (honda/jazz) are made of the same materials and are of the same design and workmanship, the manifestation of these defects would just be a matter of time. some city/jazz owners have no complaints about their unit kasi di pa lumabas ang problema. some honda owners are very loyal to honda: so like contented cows, they don't complain at all and simply accept infirmities.

possiblity of getting a refund or replacement if you get a lemon honda - it depends on how good your lawyer and how good is your case. but that would be expensive on your part. it is also expensive on honda's part. bad publicity can hurt honda's sales. cars are not consumable goods: hard to sell, as it is expensive to buy. prudent buyers would not waste their money on a car with known defects.

jazz vs. honda - jazz is better in terms of worksmaship. it is made somewhere else and brought the philippines as cbu (completely built unit). thus, it is a bit expensive because of the duties paid in bringing it here. but jazz is not immune from rattling dashboard and other defects. if you read through tens of threads in this site and in some related sites, even jazz sold in australia suffer from rattling dashboard defect. their solution? turn on the volume.

my own lesson - i should have listened to psylock and the rest of the guys here who had not so good experience with honda. now, i am in a deep ****.

my word to you - if you buy jazz or city: good luck.

fish!:fish:

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i have a jazz!

plus:

space, fuel efficiency, dami aftermarket hehe for rice

minus:

RATTLES! wala pa sa dash and the other rattles eh nasolve.

i pray to God everynight na wag mag rattle dashboard ko until the day i seel my jazz hehe.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i too have a VTEC jazz.. i love it! i love it! i love it!

I'm 6'3 and i dont find it small at all. the interior is soo much flexible too.
    golf bags, balik bayan boxes or even maletas.. bring it on hahaha.

I have a 02 Crv and a 1.8 Focus too.. but i pick the jazz over them all the time.

Its a joy to drive and yeah 1300 lang full tank na :P
    I floor my jazz al the time but it still goes at 13 km/l

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ako naman 1.5 vtec manual 2006city. ok naman performance at walang rattle sofar. got it dec2005. kung sa jazz ka advantage liftback sya you can load bigger boxes. disadvantage mahal ng mga p40k+/-. sa city maluwag sa loob plus optitron na rin gauges. minsan bumisita ako sa farm with fully loaded passengers (5 px incl driver) matagtag daan pero i managed to get my way back to asphalted road medyo overstretched ang suspension but the car didnt disappoint me. di kona uulitin hehehe..

dealer ko honda pasig. SA guy ko yong binotong SA of the year nila. you can find it out pag bumisita ka don. ano bilihan na ba..?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Honda Jazz. Does the MMC jazz still have the rattle problem?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
"2006 honda jazz 1.5 cvt or new honda city"