New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I'm choosing between this 2 cars. Which car has less fuel consumption? Or plz tell me any advantage and disadvantage if i buy either honda and ford? Plz help me...

kung di ka brand conciuos, no brainer yan, dun ka na sa fully loaded focus 1.8ghia.

aanhin mo ba ang non-bird/usok proof na civic????

dual climate at rear aircon vent pa ang ghia!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    kung di ka brand conciuos, no brainer yan, dun ka na sa fully loaded focus 1.8ghia.

aanhin mo ba ang non-bird/usok proof na civic????

dual climate at rear aircon vent pa ang ghia!

hahaha non-bird/usok proof civic...

focus din ako.. ganda ng interior, yung bagong civic kasi parang ang lapad sobra..

OT > biased ka na ata

pero anu naman panama ng ES-2.0 sa lynx na tunay na RS!

honda parang brand nalang binbayaran mo..

kung di alam ng T.S. ang non-smoke/bird poop proof yon, punta siya sa car talk section at search nya yun topic started ni mam devin.

and baka maungkat ulit yung higop-tubig capabilities ng focus kasi daw nasa wheel well.....i do believe na mahirap yon, seen the unit, the air intake is under the bonnet lid, on top of the grill.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    OT > biased ka na ata

pero anu naman panama ng ES-2.0 sa lynx na tunay na RS!

honda parang brand nalang binbayaran mo..

kung di alam ng T.S. ang non-smoke/bird poop proof yon, punta siya sa car talk section at search nya yun topic started ni mam devin.

and baka maungkat ulit yung higop-tubig capabilities ng focus kasi daw nasa wheel well.....i do believe na mahirap yon, seen the unit, the air intake is under the bonnet lid, on top of the grill.
    di naman :hihihi: seriously speaking, i agree with you in saying that you only pay for the brand not for the quality.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the two specific models, I'll go with the Focus Ghia 1.8L.

The Civic variant that makes sense is the Civic 1.8V. The 2.0V is priced too high while the 1.8S lacks a lot amenities for its price.

You do have to drive the Focus to appreciate its class-leading NVH reduction & mid-size car like suspension. Though for my money, I'd save up a bit and upgrade to the 2.0L Sport.

and kung decided na sa civic, get a silver/any light colors, not the dark colors....especially black..

sa focus, white or black is good, pero for me talaga, its a plus having an air vent in the rear...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Focus Ghia is the only variant that I can't recommend... basically, there's not enough power to justify the fuel consumption. The 1.6 Trend MT has just enough power and good fuel economy, while the 2.0 Sport has decent fuel economy (for a 2.0) and good power.

Save up and buy the 2.0 Sport, or go Civic if you really want fuel economy. The Focus is way beyond the Civic's league in terms of handling, comfort and refinement, but the Civic is quicker and more fuel efficient.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i dont believe n brand nlng ang binabayaran mo s honda, not bcoz im driving a honda. Ford lost $3 bill., which only means one thing, they cant compete sa market industry. why? is bcoz natatalo n sila ng mga japanese manufacturers when it comes to technology. And i dont know if u noticed, ford has lots of goodies n ino-offer s market compare to honda, toyota or whatever.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AFI View Post
    i dont believe n brand nlng ang binabayaran mo s honda, not bcoz im driving a honda. Ford lost $3 bill., which only means one thing, they cant compete sa market industry. why? is bcoz natatalo n sila ng mga japanese manufacturers when it comes to technology. And i dont know if u noticed, ford has lots of goodies n ino-offer s market compare to honda, toyota or whatever.

Ford lost money because they continue to focus(pardon the pun) on selling trucks in the US and not because of technology. Most of the money they lost was in the US where sales of full size trucks and SUV's went down. In the mean time Honda introduced the Ridgeline in an attempt to enter the truck market and it has been a failure in terms of sales also. Does that mean Honda can't compete in the market also? These are two different makers with different plans on what they want to sell and how to go about doing it.

The Focus is a european design and is widely known for it's very good driving dynamics, heck it even competes in the WRC in awd form. Just because a manufacturer has special offers does not mean the vehicles are bad, it could also be that they are trying to sell the previous years models to make room for newer ones. Honda and Toyota has the same offers here also just like any manufacturer.

You say you're not paying for the name but would you buy the Civic at that price if it had a diffrent H on it like Hyundai?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2006 Honda Civic 1.8s or Ford Focus Ghia 1.8?