New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Guys! We will be selling our pretty utilized 2006 Fortuner VVTi next year and are considering the following for replacement:

2013 Toyota RAV4 4x2 Full Option
    2013 Subaru Forester XT
    2013 Ford Ranger Wildtrack 3.2l

Which one will be your pick?

We included the Ranger because we live near a flood prone area. However, those compact SUVs can handle the roads we take whenever monsoon-like rains come - just not the extremes where the Ranger may be more capable of. Nevertheless, the RAV4 and Forester will surely be more comfortable over the Ranger. So we're quite undecided which one to get.

Your inputs will be helpful.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kpy555 View Post
    Hi Guys! We will be selling our pretty utilized 2006 Fortuner VVTi next year and are considering the following for replacement:

2013 Toyota RAV4 4x2 Full Option
    2013 Subaru Forester XT
    2013 Ford Ranger Wildtrack 3.2l

Which one will be your pick?

We included the Ranger because we live near a flood prone area. However, those compact SUVs can handle the roads we take whenever monsoon-like rains come - just not the extremes where the Ranger may be more capable of. Nevertheless, the RAV4 and Forester will surely be more comfortable over the Ranger. So we're quite undecided which one to get.

Your inputs will be helpful.

Thanks!
    Definitely the Forester XT, but that's only when you can use its full power. If you can't, the Wildtrak is the best pick. Good water crossing capability and looks nice actually.

Sent from my 3210 using Tapatalk HD Premium

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    mukhang gamit na gamit si Fortuner niyo ah.

Well depends sa needs niyo. Try mo muna test drive Ranger baka kasi manibago ka sa comfort nito vs sa crossovers. Pero between Rav4 and Forester, I'll take the new Forester para maiba naman hehe. Still try to look at both vehicles, I saw both in personal and I should say that the Rav4 has more passenger legroom and cargo space than the Forester's, just my observation though.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Ranger is huge compared to the CUVs. Are you OK with that?

I honestly find nothing special with the Rav4. The Forester XT is definitely nice, but then that is if you are willing to live with the high fuel consumption on a daily basis.

How much is your budget exactly? Ever considered the Koreans? The Sorento CRDi is quite nice. You get the high ground clearance, lots of punch and good gas mileage too. Can't get any better than that.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thank you guys for the reply. My wife currently drives a Sorento CRDi and it's really a good value SUV.

*GTi, I have looked into and test drove a neighbor's new Santa Fe and it feels very much like the Sorento. I would like something different.

I'm used to driving big rigs so no problem - except perhaps in parking, that's why I thought of getting a smaller CUV.

Any estimate how much fuel the Forester XT consumes in city driving?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    How much is your budget exactly? Ever considered the Koreans? The Sorento CRDi is quite nice. You get the high ground clearance, lots of punch and good gas mileage too. Can't get any better than that.
    Tamang hinala lang HAHAHAHAHA putragis naman GTi kahit anong paraan talaga basta maisingit lang ang Koreano gagawin mo talaga.

Among the choices, Forester XT ako, next is Ranger Wildtrak then Toyota Rav-4.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me:
    1. Ranger
    2. Rav
    3. Forester (pretty much because i'm still 50-50 on the new design)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Tamang hinala lang HAHAHAHAHA putragis naman GTi kahit anong paraan talaga basta maisingit lang ang Koreano gagawin mo talaga.

Among the choices, Forester XT ako, next is Ranger Wildtrak then Toyota Rav-4.
    HAHA.

Fanboy na fanboy talaga.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how about the trailblazer? though i have not driven one it looks like the owners here in tsikot like their TBs a lot. the only thing i don't like are the disproportionately small looking wheels.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    how about the trailblazer? though i have not driven one it looks like the owners here in tsikot like their TBs a lot. the only thing i don't like are the disproportionately small looking wheels.
    And the fact that it's a Chevrolet. Not stereotyping here pero I think mahirap pa rin parts niya compared to Honda & Toyota.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast