New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    anu mas masaya i drive??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    mas gusto ko Lynx. ganda handling. probably it feels lighter than the Civic.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Lynx has more communicative steering, more torque and a stiffer set-up and better tires.

The Civic 1.8 has steering that's just as sensitive (but kind of numb), a nice peaky engine, and a relatively light body. The shifter and clutch are better than the Lynx's. Unfortunately, suspension tuning isn't as good, and it rolls a bit too much. If you're looking for a fun ride, the Jazz 1.5 is actually much better, even if it feels like you're driving a video-game (steering is just as artificial).

The Lynx will beat the Civic in a straight line. The Civic might have a better launch (still have to test this), but the Lynx has better midrange power, which means it'll still be faster in a drag race, and it'll be much quicker in traffic.

Personally, I enjoy the Lynx more, as it talks to you better and gives you more feedback. It's so nimble that you often feel like the car is over-rotating. But the Civic would probably be easier to drive in traffic. The Lynx's clutch is uncommunicative, and hot traffic makes the gearbox grouchy. The body is stiff, but feels lightweight (most of the RS's weight difference compared to the GSi (1235 kg vs 1170(?) is due to the iron-block engine) and sounds tinny over rough roads.

The Civic is much more fuel efficient. The best I can do in the Lynx (hey, new record!) is about 13.5 km/l, but this is on the NLEX at low speeds. At home, in the south, the best I've managed is 12 km/l, 8-9 km/l is my average in traffic (7 km/l for really bad rush-hour stuff), and 9.5-10 km/l at highway speeds (when NOT trying to save gas). That's about as good as an old 1.6... but the new Civic 1.8 supposedly does up to 15 km/l driven moderately, and up to 10 km/l in traffic. So it's no contest there.

The Lynx is a very fun car, and I use it as a daily driver, but make no mistake, it's not for everyone. You've got to be patient with the gears, and tolerant of the ride (it's not AUV-bad, but it's not something you want to take off-road) and cognizant of the fact that maintenance and resale value aren't strong points of the car... and that you can't tune it for mad power like an SiR.

But since you're considering it secondhand... go ahead... at the same price as a comparable condition SiR, and with ABS, EBD, dual airbags, with a CD-changer and sunroof... it's a steal.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    just my 2 cents

i dont like the Civic's kinda light feeling shifter... most people says (and i felt it too) that the shifter is effortless, very light. for me i like gearboxes that are kinda crisp shifting that you'll feel the cogs engaging....(Sentras are like that)

its (the Civic's) very anti-Corolla gearbox which is noisy, scratchy but i dont enjoy it that much.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    test drive both and judge for yourself, some people might find it fun to drive a certain car, and some people might also find that it's not fun to drive (that certain car ).

p.s. senxa na i'm not a master of grammars so correct me if its wrong

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    For some reason I'd pick the 2005 Ford Lynx RS

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    RS! racing series

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, better a light and scratchy shifter than one that'll grind on you if you push it too hard. The Lynx RS shifter has to be massaged into place, with a fluid motion. If you shove it into the gears "fast and furious" style, it'll just complain.

Hehe... if you drive the cars for yourself up to Tagaytay, it's no contest. The Lynx will win your heart.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    well, as the saying goes... "quality is seen through the eyes of the customer". and in this forum, the drivers are the customers. i've driven both and though i'm just a regular everyday driver, my vote goes to the 2006 1.8 civic.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    civic! sarap pormahan at gwapo pa!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2006 Civic 1.8MT vs. 2005 Lynx RS