New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Nabasa ko po eh ung J wala airbag at abs.

Ano po mas ok sa dalawa? Planning to buy 2nd hand unit

2006 altis j has 84k milage
    2004 altis e has 100++ milage

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    If you value the safety features more, then go for the E. Igi-give up mo nga lang yung mas modelong J. Question is magkano ba sila?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The E.... Nonwithstanding the kilometer readings and the model, their price should be near..... sobrang bare ng J eh.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Almost the same price range lang. Un nga din concern ko wala ABS at airbag.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I still have my 04 Altis 1.6E MT and i'm still liking it as my daily driver. compared to the J, the E trim has OEM central locking door lock and alarm, antenna incorporated in the rear windshield, autoclimate control, ABS and SRS/Airbag, Interior door trim lights (front), and many more smaller details. The good thing is you can always retrofit the front grille from 06-07 models to the 04-05 models bolt-on to make it more updated! the only one thing that separates the 06-07 model from the 05-down models is the radio controls mounted in the steering wheel...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks LN106.

Difference ba ng 2004 sa 2001, 2002, at 2003 kung lahat eh E? Almost lahat ba ng e trim na sinabi mo meron din sa lower version? Except sa autoclimate and some push button?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hindi autoclimate control ang aircon ng mga '03 down. ang '03 down kasi meron cla 1.6G trim which is wala na sa '04 up. The G trim (1.6 and 1.8L) are the premium models sporting all wheel disc brakes, leather seats, premium ICE, etc...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    For me, kung ano ang mas sariwa sa 2, I use an '05 Altis J as an errands car, its not as bare as you would think, wala siyang ABS pero may airbag yun. I'd like to correct the statement of sir LN106G, meron pong OEM central locking yung J pero wala nga lang factory fit na alarm. It doesn't have the Auto climate control system but I'll take manual A/C anytime compared to the auto climate control, less things to go wrong and will not be very difficult or very expensive to fix in case something goes wrong.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    if the E variant has had its 100t km maitenance done to it. im assuming timing belt, water pump, flushed all fuids from engine to brakes etc. then i will go with the E. it will be a fresher engine and ofcourse savings for the buyer. based on the kilometer reading on both. it seems they are used the same mileage wise.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by baker123 View Post
    if the E variant has had its 100t km maitenance done to it. im assuming timing belt, water pump, flushed all fuids from engine to brakes etc. then i will go with the E. it will be a fresher engine and ofcourse savings for the buyer. based on the kilometer reading on both. it seems they are used the same mileage wise.

the altis engine uses timing chain and yes * 100K km, it is for visual inspection for wear and tear and replaced if needed. Fluids are flushed and replaced every 40K km as per manual

*ronw123w124,
    - i didnt say in my statement that the J is not equipped with central doorlocks. I know it has but without OEM alarm. read the statement above again. peace.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baker123 View Post

the altis engine uses timing chain and yes * 100K km, it is for visual inspection for wear and tear and replaced if needed. Fluids are flushed and replaced every 40K km as per manual

*ronw123w124,
    - i didnt say in my statement that the J is not equipped with central doorlocks. I know it has but without OEM alarm. read the statement above again. peace.