New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    New member here i would like to ask your opinions on which car we should buy

a 2004 second hand rav4 or a brand new innova 2.0? If we opt for the rav4 malaki ba ang difference ng fuel consumption nya compared to the innova? Please help guys. TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... I would think that the consumption might be to the Innova's favor. But then, perhaps not by much. Performance and comfort would be to the RAV4. Carrying/Loading capacity goes to the Innova.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I believe the 2004 Rav4 is the previous version. I'd choose the Innova but go for the gas variant because the D4D version is full of problems. I think if you really want the D4D version at least it'll come with the 3 years warranty, that's your assurance in a way when something goes wrong and it probably will. Btw, the engine of the Innova D4D and the base model Fortuner are one and the same.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the replies sir's appreciate it.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    As I always say, whenever possible, go for brand new.

In my opinion, the Rav4's ride is definitely better plus the more proportioned body makes it a dream to drive. Since you should consider though that it's an '04 and they say that its parts cost much.

A brand new Innova -vvTi- for me is the way to go for the sake of practicality. I won't prefer the Innova V though. Some consider it neat having the (only) two captains chairs at the back but then it'll become a burden if you want to haul more people.

just my :twocents:

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    As I always say, whenever possible, go for brand new.

In my opinion, the Rav4's ride is definitely better plus the more proportioned body makes it a dream to drive. Since you should consider though that it's an '04 and they say that its parts cost much.

A brand new Innova -vvTi- for me is the way to go for the sake of practicality. I won't prefer the Innova V though. Some consider it neat having the (only) two captains chairs at the back but then it'll become a burden if you want to haul more people.

just my :twocents:
    +1 go for the vvti variant. my uncle has a d4d and sobrang problematic. from the axle to the engine lagi na lang nasa casa. its not worth buying if balik ka ng balik sa casa and consume your personal time and not to mention na magiging commuter ka after buying it brandnew.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes we've never been fond of diesel engines even if mas mura yun compared to gas thanks sa mga replies sir.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Yan naman ang nakapagtataka, what's really the problem of D4d? Is it the quality of our diesel fuel here? or di pa talaga na perfect ng toyota yang d4d nila. Buti pa mga old school diesels, ala problema at taas pa ng reliability.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    You can also consider the Fuzion. They said it rides better than the Innova and with better safety features.

2004 second hand RAV4 or a brand new Innova 2.0