New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    At same price but with mazda at lower mileage, what would be your choice? and why?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    At same price but with mazda at lower mileage, what would be your choice? and why?
    it would depend on your need, imho.
    but i think, personally, i would still choose the jazz because of the efficiency in FC and the CVT.

besides, the reason why it is as such is because the jazz has a higher resale value.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Depende sa priority mo naman eh. The Jazz has high resale value (typical trait of Honda in general) while Mazda has so-so to mediocre resale value... Pag ako though baka Mazda 3 kunin ko since mas malaki pero yun nga the Jazz eats less fuel so as mentioned depende ano mas importante sayo....

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    vtec ba yung jazz?

for me kahit honda fanatic ako... ill choose the mazda 3 over the jazz... sa resale value kasi first 3 years ang mabigat diyan... so halos lagpas na. thus in the future kung naisipan mo na benta... konte na lang lugi.

performance and handling talaga yung mazda 3. the only prob i see is that matagal na model na and baka maglabas na ng bago mazda... yun sigurado babagsak resale niyan.

jazz... very good car and engine kahit yung idsi nila, matipid sa gas and cvt. pero higher class pa din ang mazda 3 compared to the jazz. natural competitor ng mazda 3 ang civic and the altis.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Only reason to avoid the Jazz is questionable CVT longevity... but if it has complete service papers and has had the ATF to CVTF recall, then it should be okay.

The Jazz is a tinnier car than the Mazda3, and the bushings are a bit more prone to wear. Parts are cheaper, though, and much easier to come by. The interior of the Jazz is also very flexible... with just two people on board, you have a huge cargo bay. The Jazz also has very good fuel economy and spritely performance with the 1.5 VTEC MT.

The Mazda3 scores points for better seats (Jazz seats are kind of hard), more ride comfort and more luxury. It has a more sophisticated suspension, but both cars handle very well compared to the competition. The Mazda3 has a big trunk, which is a plus if you're riding four-up all the time, as the Jazz has mediocre cargo space unless you fold the seats. Issues with the Mazda3 are (still) the availability of cheap replacement shock absorbers (though brakes and other stuff are now available) and fuel economy of the older model.

Both cars have their pros and cons. It's up to you which car you like more. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    1.3 idsi lang po ang jazz... I like to looks and interior of mazda3, astig tingnan...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ sir if your going for FC then get the jazz... i like how the two cars look pero mas practical for everyday use ang jazz.

the mazda 3... ganda talaga and its a higher class than the jazz kaya ok talaga itsura nun kaso they only come in a/t's so mas malakas sa gas talaga. if you can handle the gas prices then ok yung car na ito.

as master niky said, the shock absorbers daw ay hirap hanapin... maybe put this into consideration.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    no brainer, go for mazda 3. newer year model, better overall car. and that's coming from a jazz owner.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Pareho lang ang price? Siguro dapat tawaran mo ang Jazz kasi 2004 model at IDSI naman sha at mukhang overpriced ang benta sa yo. Kung pareho talaga, maghanap ka na lang ng 2006 jazz at tingin ko di nagkakalayo presyo nyan at nung binebenta sa yo na 2004 model.

Mas maganda sana ang VTEC kasi yung IDSI alam ko i-phase out na yan ng Honda sa next models ng Jazz, vtec na lahat ang lalabas pati sa 1.3 engine. Matipid din naman ang Vtec na jazz plus if you need power pag may sakay ka or may karga ka, okay na okay.

Dapat yung jazz tail lights e LED na para bagong model talaga at Z dapat ang plate number ng kukunin mo.

Is this your only car or a 2nd car?

If you do not mind high gas prices, then get the Mazda 3. I like this car also, kung walang jazz siguro eto na binili ko pero hatch type ang gusto ko.

If you are VERY money conscious pag nagpapa-gas, then get Jazz

It doesn't make any sense buying a Mazda 3 kung naiinis ka pag magastos sa gas and di mo magamit madalas, before you know it laos na yung model mo tapos di mo pa magamit lagi.

But if you have the moolah for gas, why not? Kung malapit lang naman pinupuntahan mo, kumbaga lapit ka lang naman sa office mo then okay lang kasi negligible na ang difference.

Ako kasi kuripot sa gas dahil taga Alabang ako kaya ramdam ko ang difference sa gas consumption ng lahat ng kotse hehehe

Gas prices are expected to go up to 60 pesos per liter so malaking bagay sa kin na may car ako na matipid sa gas.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    go for the mazda 3. also a jazz owner here.. very stiff and uncomfortable seats..sasakit talaga likod mo after 1 hour.

matipid lang talaga..yun lang ang plus ng jazz.. my jazz is M/T idsi.. after 3 years.. spongy na ang clutch.. may hesitation na makina.. tapos may burning rubber smell when it reaches 130km/hr... planning to sell it to get either M3 or new lancer...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2004 Jazz or 2006 Madza3