New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Good day to all tsikoteers out there.
    I'm a newbie here. I would like to know your insights regarding this two magnificent vehicles. 2004 Ford Everest and 2004 Hyundai Starex GRX.
    I have read some threads that might of help but nevertheless there is no comparison regarding these two.
    We usually go to my hometown up-north with a 45mins rough road to our barrio (Alcala, Cagayan) during April and November (during rice harvest) and we do the trip via Sta.Fe. And as we go home we usually take via Ilocos (my husband's hometown) with a load of 1-2 sacks of rice and composed of 4adults and 3teenagers.
    Our recent Mitsubishi Adventure is really quite a monster during those times. But as years come sometimes we really have to accept upgrading a 12yrs old vehicle. Masakit na sya sa katawan at sumisikip na rin ang loob pag byahe.
    Gusto ko po sana makuha ang mga reactions ninyo about these two vehicles.

Ang alam ko lang po:
    - Everest po i think some Mazda parts would fit and yung Starex po ata some Mitsubishi parts.
    - Yung Everest po alam ko may 2airbag, yung Starex wala.
    - Seating: Everest 7, Starex 10

Points to consider po:
    - driver and passenger safety and comfort
    - diesel comsumption
    - parts prices

Thank you po sa mga mag-sha-share
    Sana po makapag-share din yung mga meron nito.
    Thank you po.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    With the roads that you're going to trek, kawawa ang starex diyan since it isn't really made for off-roading, though kaya niya, baka bumigay ng mas una ang suspension ng starex.

Comfort wise, starex talaga .. yung everest medyo matagtag siya but then again, it is made for off-roading trips so talagang ganun.

Parts aren't that expensive yet it isn't that cheap too. Pwede na, kumbaga.

Regarding to safety, both are safe basta kung safe ang pagddrive.

So all in all, i`d go with the everest since yung daan na ittake niyo eh medyo rough nga. Kaya ng starex pero much better if you opt for the vehicle that's really made for the roads that you are going to trek.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Sir AFAIK mas malambot talaga suspension ng starex kasi pang tao talaga siya kaya sa comfortability panalo siya, pero kung gagamitin niyo sa pang buhat sa everest na lang. For the FC and prices I don't have idea.

Good luck sir! Pero If I were to choose, I'd pick up the everest. ^^

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    everest n lng, starex mahina aircon at pangilalim

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The starex will be softer, even when unladen.

The everest will be stiffer if you're alone... but it will have a much more comfortable ride when loaded (and as you describe it, mukhang talagang pupunuin nyo talaga yung sasakyan).

I can vouch for the chassis of the ranger/everest. 10 years na yung ranger namin, and so far, the only things we've replaced in the suspension are the pitman/idler arms(once), wheel bearings(twice) and suspension bushings(once) for the front. Ball joints, tie rods, center linker... OEM pa lahat.

and the rear suspension is nigh indestructible (palit kami ng bushings lately, though).

Engine? the WL on our ranger has run 236,000 kilometers... with no overhauls basta TLC e.

the everest will fit mazda and ford (and ford ranger) parts. Mazford banawe will be your best friend in sourcing parts for the everest. Haven't really have had problems sourcing parts since more than 10 years on the market na yung model

Diesel consumption... the everest is a tad bit on the thirsty side sa city... around 6-8 km/li. Will be better on the highway though.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    You might want to consider the toughess of the body as well. Bihira sa mga lumang Starex ang wala pang kalawang, specially sa side panels. Andami ko nang nakitang rusted through na panels. Baka na body repair na yung mga binebentang 2nd hand. Sa Everest wala pa akong nakikitang rusted panels.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    diba may driver side airbag ang Starex GRX?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    The starex will be softer, even when unladen.

The everest will be stiffer if you're alone... but it will have a much more comfortable ride when loaded (and as you describe it, mukhang talagang pupunuin nyo talaga yung sasakyan).

I can vouch for the chassis of the ranger/everest. 10 years na yung ranger namin, and so far, the only things we've replaced in the suspension are the pitman/idler arms(once), wheel bearings(twice) and suspension bushings(once) for the front. Ball joints, tie rods, center linker... OEM pa lahat.

and the rear suspension is nigh indestructible (palit kami ng bushings lately, though).

Engine? the WL on our ranger has run 236,000 kilometers... with no overhauls basta TLC e.

the everest will fit mazda and ford (and ford ranger) parts. Mazford banawe will be your best friend in sourcing parts for the everest. Haven't really have had problems sourcing parts since more than 10 years on the market na yung model

Diesel consumption... the everest is a tad bit on the thirsty side sa city... around 6-8 km/li. Will be better on the highway though.
    I have to agree with sir scharnhorst here.

OT: Wow sir tibay din pala ng engine niyo sir, yung IPV namin nasa 300,000 kms na ehehehe, pero yung hi lander 140K pa lang

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    starex ako. d ko tlaga gusto gamitin ung everest. 4x4 mt ung na service ko ng 1week. mabagal and matagtag. malakas pa sa diesel. almost same lang ang interior space ng adventure and everest. ang gusto ko naman sa everest ay malamig aircon. tahimik kahit d pa crdi. ang liit ng lang ng liko nya luge sa u-turn.

starex naman maluwag, malakas din sa diesel, malamig naman aircon. madali nga lang malaspag ung interior nya lalu ng un mga fake wood nya

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're talking rough roads and out of town driving, Everest for me. Upgrading the shocks to Old Man Emu did well to the ride comfort of our Everest before. However, given your passenger loads of 4 adults and 3 teenagers, the Starex will have an edge on the interior space and comfort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2004 Everest or 2004 Starex GRX