New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i saw a hilux sr5 recently. not lifted but with 33 tires. i am now in a dilemna

if you were in my shoes what would you choose among the following:

1. 2002 hilux sr5, manual tranny, not lifted but with 33 mudzilla tires, american racing rims, newly repainted black with stripes, 77k mileage(630 k)
    2. 2003 strada. automatic, savero tires, original paint, with carrybox utility box. 67k mileage (550k)

please help.. gulong gulo na ako huhuhu

strada on the fly 4x4. hilux. manually engaged.

in terms of reliability and toughness and looks and comfort: who wins?

do they differ that much in terms of "tagtag" considering that they are both ifs

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    strada nalang sir. mas mura mas bago. d din matagtag vs hi lux.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    tnx lui sa reply.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hello mga sirsL

i've finally decided and bought another strada. the unit is 2003 model and very very fresh. red and silver color. 66k mileage. with carryboy roll bar and aluminum bed cover.

the final price was 525k.

there were few pleasant surprises.

1. when i removed the seat cover, i found out that the leather seat were so pristine its like they have never been seated on.
    2. looking at the interiors, no sign of aging and scratches whatever.
    3. the biggest surprise however was when i had the wheels balanced. with the vehicles lifted up. the vehicle actually had upgraded shocks and the shocks are rancho 9000xx.

thanks to everyone for the advices

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Congratulations....indeed a very nice find.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    this is my rig. i have started to modify it. please post suggestions for aesthetic modifications. this is my third pick up. first one was a hilux 4x4, 2nd gen2 strada also (white-1999) sold it because overused already. finally another gen2 strada with the following modifications.

rancho sx 9000. adjustable up to 9 settings
    carryboy rollbar
    carryboy roll up bed cover
    procomp xterrain 31x12.5x15
    alloys with pseudo bead lock

pictures to follow

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/jcc/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Nice and clean look. Aesthetically ok na. Pleasing to look at. Indeed, a very good find.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Nice and clean look. Aesthetically ok na. Pleasing to look at. Indeed, a very good find.
    thanks sir gerbo.

it used to have running boards on the side but i decided to remove them. after removal, i was surprised that the rig looked taller and longer. there was an illusion of lift. i then decided to remove the mud guards as well (even those at the rear) to have a consistent look.

in the future, i am contemplating on removing the roll bar as well. what do you think?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Ya, not fond of stepboards in 4x4 pick-ups also. The roll bar seems ok; perhaps the only issue with it is the color (may repaint the cream color to matching silver or red).

On the outside, perhaps a snorkel can be added. Otherwise, i like it the way it currently look.

Don't really like street blings in a pick-up. Add mods that you can used and should be consistent--in your case, an "off-road" theme.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2002 Toyota Hilux SR5 M/T or 2003 Mitsubishi Strada A/T