-for everyday use
    -good fuel economy
    -reliability
    -strong aircon

What will you choose among the 3?

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    2002 N16 Exalta user here. Very comfortable car with good interiors and lots of user amenities. As some would say, a small Cefiro. The sunroof adds looks, kung Superio model. Regarding fuel consumption, medyo di ganun katipid (AT yung sa akin), maybe around 7km/l for normal Metro Manila traffic conditions. For worse traffic conditions, it's about 6km/l. On highways, it's about 10km/l. Medyo sumpungin yung power door locks tapos marami ako narinig na kapag nasira yung stock cd changer, mahirap ayusin. Palitan mo na lang yung HU ng bago, yung cd/mp3/wma palyer na. By the way, medyo sluggish yung acceleration but oks na oks when cruising. All in all, I guess it's a pretty good car. IMO.

Oks rin pala yung 2000 Exalta STA, halos same features as the 2001-2003 Exaltas but with all-leather interiors.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanks Egan101.

I will think of that... I am not too familiar with Sentras. Can you give me an idea of the variants and when the new bigger body shape came? I remember the Exalta is the same series 4 body, then came the Bigger body Grandeur but ang daming variants.

Thanks again

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For more information regarding Nissan vehicles, you can go to www.nissanbayan.com. B14 yung chassis ng 1999-2000 Exalta, same ito with the Series 3 Sentra. Yung older chassis ng Sentra is B13 while yung mga naunang box type is B12. N16 na yung chassis from 2001 onwards though different yung look ng 2001-2003 Exalta Grandeur/Superio edition from the current Sentra (2004-2006).

Glad to be of help.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    go for the exalta nalang.... its the more bang for the buck car ... pero i suggest other choices nlang :d

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Agree... as long as you don't mind the lack of speed and the soft dynamics, the Exalta is a good car.

The GLS? Less toys...

The Jimny, even less... there's no trunk space, and the ride is stiffer without a corresponding benefit in terms of on-road handling. Unless you like off-roading, and it's a 4x4 Jimny, wag nalang.

I do like the Jimny, though... di lang siya practical.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Since di naman kelangan yung speed dito sa mga roads sa Metro Manila, the comfort offered by the Exalta makes sure na comfortable sakay mo in traffic, lalo na at malakas yung aircon. So you won't mind the sluggish acceleration while driving unless you want to drive something that you plan to floor the pedal most of the time or you are the sporty type driver. Another thing to remember though is that medyo soft yung suspension, as told by niky. Also, make sure that the MAF (mass airflow sensor) is cleaned regularly, or else sigurado bagsak mileage mo (ma-cover na man ng PMS yung paglinis nito).

Lastly, the resale value of this car offers bang for the buck. You could get a good 2nd-hand N16 Exalta for 350k these days. Even less for the B14 Exalta STA (around 300k or less).

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    my daily ride is n16 sentra (1.6 mt). its a very comfortable car lalo na sa long driving. very quiet engine lakas din ng torque. fuel consumption is between 13-15 km/l(highway and conservative driving)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    n16 owner din here. power locks talaga problema and the cd changer that conked out 2 weeks ago. mahirap ba pagawa yun changer?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yuck we have a Jimny 2001 parusa sya bwahahahahahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2002 lancer GLS vs 2002 Exalta vs 2001 Suzuki Jimny