New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks guys,

Am hoping to get a good isuzu trooper soon.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    may thread ata dito about the problems of 4jx1 engine ng trooper, try to search for it, thebest. ..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Fakesaint,

Thanks for the advise, I read the Isuzu trooper forums. Since there are too many horror stories about 4jx1 engine (injectors), Di na ko bibili. OKay sana dahil malakas ang makina.

I need a car soon hopefully diesel.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I believe there are several data points that result in misinformation. I have talked to around 3 owners who had problems with the 4jx1 and these are the facts:
    1. two of them changed oil with third parties; they were misinformed and used 40+ grade oil; you should only use 30 grade oil on the isuzu commonrail engines; they got unsolicited advise to use higher grade oil because of out 'hotter' climate.
    2. one of them had his engine washed with a power washer; water seeped in and mixed with the oil
    3. one use synthetic oil which the casa mechanics said "destroyed" the oil seals; this i would not believe in because i have friends who for 3 years now have been using Petron All Terrain synthetic (5w-30) with no problems.
    4. another one wrecked his turbo because he rev'ed hard before turning off the engine everytime; you should allow the turbo to spindown especially after a hard drive.
    5. two had the habit of running their tanks empty until the warning light turns on; this is bad practice because sediments can clog up your fuel lines and injectors.

I have owned my 4jx1 trooper for 5 years with no problems at all. I also own other commonrail diesel vehicles with no problems at all. Just follow the manufacturer's specs and regular PMS.

Trooper is a nice car with a good engine, better than the fieldmasters ... but comparing to the new 3rd gen Pajeros is a different story. This engine needs a bit more TLC than other diesel engines.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    advise ko lang, since 2nd hand yung kukunin mo 2.8 fieldmaster ako. kung b/new yan, either one is good. mahirap kasi 4jx1 kung di marunong yung previous owner. btw, i own a 4jg2 trooper(99). kung gusto mo talaga 4jx1, my cousin is selling his(00 4x4 Euro look).

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    the best-- the only prob with trooper 4jx1 is the injectors but dats not to be woried about.. we hav a trooper 2003 b4 the skyroof edition... ok pa naman so far.. just be careful using the correct engine oil and fuell level. dont let the tank hit lamost empty and thats applicable to all cars naman para hindi makasuck ng marumi sa tank... but i.testdrive mo muna ang trooper your gona buy... tama nga c ferdi, the trooper 4jx1 needs TLC tlaga... but aside from that, its very reliable engine, ride is good also... and its a very fun SUV to drive.. we always use our trooper for long distance travel kc maganda siya patakbohin and nice ride and malaki rin...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks again for the info,

I really want the trooper because of its power and looks.

Ferdi, Jarhead
    Is the trooper also a common rail diesel engine? Just by testing the SUV, how would I know if the previous trooper owner took proper care of the car and used proper oil?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung nga ang problem sa Trooper, the high tech engine cannot tolerate much abuse.

Yung 4m40 walang reklamo kahit i-pressure wash mo or maging makunat ka at gamitin mo yung pinaka-cheap na oil (for turbo engines) na nasa auto supply.

Yung company Field Master kahit sobrang abused ok pa din. 2k1 model siya. Halos walang maintenance and walang pakialam ang mga driver.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    thebest; 2000 and up, common rail. up to 01 lang yata yung 4x4 na 4jx1.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I have a 2001, 2wd, automatic and it is commonrail. There is an electronic diagnosis available at the casa. They just plug it into your car and they can monitor various parameters and error codes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2002/3 Trooper 3.0 or 2002/3 Pajero 2.8