New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Strada din ako. Sumasakit na likod ko sa Frontier. hehehe. Nung nakasakay ako sa GEN I Strada ni kimpOy, ang layo ng ride quality, talo Frontier.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    to add sa strada lang ang may front skid plate at a bit of steel protection for the differential, transmission and gas tank. This skid plate is a steel cover that protects the oil pan from damage from excessive off roading. (going thru obstacles beyong the ground clearance)

To compare the three fuego, frontier and strada. The strada is ready to go off road in stock form. On the other hand the frontier has lots and lots of aftermarker parts for offroading that can be imported from australia, japan and thailand. My friend owned a frontier '99 automatic transmission 4x2 he was able to have it lifted to fit in a 32inch tires.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jai
    talaga? I thought the smoke belch was a problem with the first gen strada. what is the relation of oil change to smoke belching? Isn't smoke belching a result of incomplete combustion?

the smoke belch will always be a problem because the gen 1 and gen 2 have the same engine 4D56 sa gen 3 iba na daw. The intercooler on the gen 2 helps maximizing the turbo. In my strada it starts to smoke when the oil starts to reach 3 to 4 months old regardless of mileage.

smoke belching if still in the early stages could be caused by dirty or old oil, air filter and fuel filter. In worse cases where the injection pump is very dirty thats when you need to have a calibration.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by johnart
    smoke belching if still in the early stages could be caused by dirty or old oil, air filter and fuel filter. In worse cases where the injection pump is very dirty thats when you need to have a calibration.
    Im not a mechanic but maybe the smoke belching is connected more to the injection pump or the injectors or the filters but not the motor oil. kasi yung motor oil never reaches the combustion chamber diba? if it does then it will start to emit blueish smoke and either overhaul na to or top, tama ba?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jai
    Im not a mechanic but maybe the smoke belching is connected more to the injection pump or the injectors or the filters but not the motor oil. kasi yung motor oil never reaches the combustion chamber diba? if it does then it will start to emit blueish smoke and either overhaul na to or top, tama ba?

yup your correct but with my observation with my strada when I feel the power is lacking and its a bit getting smokey when I climb steep roads its usually the strada is due for an oil change This is what I observed since I got it new. The after the oil change the engine seems to be its normal self

Oh yeah with the frontier in 2001 it already had a standard driver side airbag included. sa strada and fuega wala pa. And minor interior difference is the brake handle the fuego and frontier is located below the dashboard, while sa strada sa center parehas sa mga kotse.
    Last edited by johnart; July 14th, 2006 at 09:49 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Guys, ang bago strada ngayon is CRD na, ano ba kaibahan ng CRD at ang old engine 4D56?

2001 Strada vs 2001 Hilux (not the SR5) === what's your pick?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    malaking difference crdi uses injectors that are very small parang tip ng mongol pencil while the injectors of a 4D56 uses a mongol pencil size. And in terms of power the crdi gives 160hp than 100hp of the 4D56.

With the hilux 01 model it uses a 2.8 engine a bit weak, gives less than 100hp.Sana they equipped it with a turbo then it would be better. It was not really sold with a lot of accesories but it relied on the build quality of the toyota brand. And it was expensive that is why they sold 2 4x4 models the dressed up all power features and the bare model only power steering. But they were sold above the million mark. While the strada and frontier were priced lower.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    FRONTIER 2001 for me, you cannot go wrong--meron ako nito.

I'm a bit surprised, I am not sure kung may existing Frontier owners na nag-reply sa thread na to, sana may owners ng Frontier na magbigay ng comments nila because I am an actual Frontier owner.

We have a 2001 Nissan Frontier 2.7 Elite right now and it is actually VERY fuel efficient, mas matipid pa nga sha sa tingin ko kesa sa Honda Jazz namin--sa totoo lang.

It's diesel and I get about 12-13 KM/L mileage on it city driving so tipid sha sobra. Ang normal na pa-gas ko is 300 pesos Alabang to Tomas Morato QC then gimik pa ko ng Ortigas after then balik ulit sa Alabang, may 1/4 gas pa natira enough para maka-isang balik pa ko ng QC saka ako magpapa-refuel. Kakagulat kse naka large mags pa yung Frontier namin (pang 4x4), so imagine na lang kung all stock pa yun-

We have had it for 5 years and NEVER pa to nagkarproblema to think na everyday pa sha ginagamit. Ang maintenance nya is change oil lang lagi every 5000KM, never pa nasira or nagkasakit. This is the 2001 model pero ewan ko yung later models kse etong 2001 model nanalo talaga ng Best Pick Up, ewan ko yung later models. Well-deserved naman yung award na yun considering how reliable our Frontier 2001 is. Imagine, aircon, engine and everything--all stock and never pa nagkaproblem after 100,000KM?

Regarding price, we bought this Brand New at around Php690,000 back in 2001. The existing price for 2nd hand is 450 THOU to 530 THOU sa buyandsell and sa mga dealers mas mahal, mga 550-600 THOU pa minsan so you can just imagine na resale value is actually high. I believe Frontier lang and Patrol ang mga Nissan na matataas ang resale value. Mataas naman ang price ng Nissan Frontier na brand new, nasa 850 thou-950 thou na ata ngayon ang bago, ewan ko kung may difference sa engine pero if meron man--I would prefer ours dahil subok na matibay at matatag ang overall package ng 2001 model namin.

FRONTIER 2001 for me-- I have one and I love it even more ngayon because it has proven so much in terms of performance and reliability.

9. Join Date
    May 2006

With the hilux 01 model it uses a 2.8 engine a bit weak, gives less than 100hp.Sana they equipped it with a turbo then it would be better. It was not really sold with a lot of accesories but it relied on the build quality of the toyota brand. And it was expensive that is why they sold 2 4x4 models the dressed up all power features and the bare model only power steering. But they were sold above the million mark. While the strada and frontier were priced lower.
    Anu-ano new vehicles uses CRDi na? Will this is the latest trend in Diesel engine?

Why is hilux with 2.8 engine gives less than 100hp than strada 2.5 engine? Di ba mas malaki ang 2.8 vs 2.5?

Sa 3.2 frontier, di ba parang over power siya for it's size (small pick up kasi ang dating ng frontier with big engine)..?

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    I would get the strada. 235mm ground clearance, 2.5 turbo charged engine 100ps., leather seats and leather steering wheel, build in step board, 3 additional gauges on the dash board (inclometer, voltage meter, and temperature), standard 31 X 10.5 r15 tires. The Frontier comparing the 4x4 model has a 3.2 engine has almost the same horsepower 103ps( has no turbo lag but consumes more diesel), less prone to smoke belching ( has dual fuel filter), a very efficient aircon system, ground clearance is at 215mm, standard 235/70r 15 tires. both models have maplights.
    with strada 2.5 engine vs frontier 3.2 engine, bakit maliit lang difference sa horsepower?

With 3.2 engine, would you prefer Manual or Matic Tranny?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2001 strada or 2001 frontier