New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Mga Gurus, i'm in a very confused state ryt now and desperately need your help..After weeks of soul searching - I am now ready to replace my present ride (97 pizza)..palitan ko sana ng Nissan (para bago models) - armed with 210 ~ 240K budget.

Between 2001 Sentra Fe and 2000 Sentra EX Saloon, alin kaya ang wais choice? Di ko rin kc masyado alam mga specs nila (newbie) and i hope you could feed me with infos..

My main considerations are fuel economy and features...

Help me please...many many thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The EX Saloon (1.4L EFI) will definitely have better fuel economy, more features (power windows) and better power over the FE (1.3L Carb).

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The FE can give you relatively good economy, but you have to clean the carburator very often. The good things about it is it has a newer body style, light body (very little insulation) and less electrical equipment to maintain (pawis windows, not power, and no stock stereo). Otherwise, it's very very bare for 230k.

EX Saloon din choice ko.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    had an EX Saloon. mas OK yun! LEC engine yung sa Sentra FE eh...malakas sa gas yun. dont take chances. EFI na!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The FE can give you relatively good economy, but you have to clean the carburator very often. The good things about it is it has a newer body style, light body (very little insulation) and less electrical equipment to maintain (pawis windows, not power, and no stock stereo). Otherwise, it's very very bare for 230k.

EX Saloon din choice ko.
    sir niky, thanks. been reading a lot here lately in tsikot and halos lahat ng vital info nanngaling sayo! thank you sir at sana di ka magsawa ng pag contribute sa mga makukulit na gaya ko..hehe! thanks ulit..EX Saloon hunting na ko! though 240K ata to at least, tama ba?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    had an EX Saloon. mas OK yun! LEC engine yung sa Sentra FE eh...malakas sa gas yun. dont take chances. EFI na!
    thanks sir vinj, 3-0 na for ex saloon!
    sir basti08, 2000 model din ba yung EX nyo? ano average gas consumption mo sa kanya?

2001 Sentra Fe or 2000 Sentra EX Saloon