New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    My friend is offerring her RAV4 to me. 2001 Aug, Casa maintained, 4x4, 67tkms Black. She''s often just uses it for office commute. She's offerring it at 750k. Is this a good buy?

May nag bebenta rin ng escape. newer and close to the price mga 800k ata if i'm not mistaken. didn't really look into it because medyo di ko type ang Ford. Pero this might be a better buy since newer.

What do you think? what's a fair price for the RAV?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    add a couple of hundred K and get a brandnew escape for 999k

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    at that price, i believe it is ok and its a good buy.
    pero baka pwede mo pang tawaran....

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    add a couple of hundred K and get a brandnew escape for 999k
    Thanks for the suggestion BlueBimmer but that's really out of the budget. Actually the 750k for the RAV is already stretching it. Plus I'm also thinking of the maintenance. Mas mura ata yung sa toyota...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chairman
    My friend is offerring her RAV4 to me. 2001 Aug, Casa maintained, 4x4, 67tkms Black. She''s often just uses it for office commute. She's offerring it at 750k. Is this a good buy?

May nag bebenta rin ng escape. newer and close to the price mga 800k ata if i'm not mistaken. didn't really look into it because medyo di ko type ang Ford. Pero this might be a better buy since newer.

What do you think? what's a fair price for the RAV?
    A 2001 Rav4 4x4 Matic should be around 670-680k nowadays. Although we have yet to see the effect of the recent release of the new gen3Rav if it will cause the resale of the Gen2 Rav to drop/increase a lil, or maintain. If you could get it at the lower price from your friend, sulit na the Rav.
    Last edited by Autobeat; February 20th, 2006 at 03:04 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I think there are many more options for the 700k price range. Medyo mahal pa yung 750k, also do you really need the 4x4 capability?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    thanks for all the inputs. Honestly, no I don't need the 4x4 features. I can't remember the last time I ever rode a car na off-road. The only reason I considered it is because it's owned by my friend. So alam ko alaga naman yung car.

Sige, let's wait and see nalang how the new RAV impacts the resale value of the RAVs. Baka nga bumababa pa. I'm not in a hurry naman. Iniisip lang ipalit doon sa 2 galant ng family namin na dapat palitan kasi mahal na maintenance.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hi to all, i just joined here. Anyway, for me, i think the price is high. i just bought one, 2001 4x4, with 10 cd changer. black and 50 T km only, with service record, no dent, super kinis. for only 620,000. siguro mas maganda tawaran mo pa.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for a 2001 model, masyadong mataas ang price nya... plus nasa 67K na ang odo... so expect na jan na maglalabasan ang mga problema ng Rav4.

the fulltime 4wd of the Rav4 isn't really for all-out offroading... but it is useful for our wet roads, light mud, sand, gravel, etc.

as for the Escape, I won't get one equipped with a 2.0L engine. get one with a 2.3L engine.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dxx_ddf
    Hi to all, i just joined here. Anyway, for me, i think the price is high. i just bought one, 2001 4x4, with 10 cd changer. black and 50 T km only, with service record, no dent, super kinis. for only 620,000. siguro mas maganda tawaran mo pa.
    Wow, that was a good buy! Congrats in your Rav4 acquisition.
    Last edited by Autobeat; February 20th, 2006 at 03:02 PM.

2001 RAV4 Is it a Good Buy?