New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Civic even if your comparing a 1.5 engine car to a 1.6 engine car

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    hindi mo ba pwede iconsider yung 2000 VTi Civic?

here's why (IMO), between the lxi and corolla GLi, medyo mahirap mag-decide.
    - lxi is 1.5 not all power (mirrors), Corolla Gli is. advantage corolla.
    - lxi engine is 1.5, corolla is 1.6 DOHC pa. advantage corolla. (? depende sa priority mo)
    - lxi has bigger interior, advantage Civic.
    - lxi's not allowed to be used as taxi, advantage Civic (hehe if this bothers you at all)

So for me, the 2 car's just about the same. If you consider the Civic VTI trim, then hands-down - CIVIC! hehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by an0nim0us
    hindi mo ba pwede iconsider yung 2000 VTi Civic?

here's why (IMO), between the lxi and corolla GLi, medyo mahirap mag-decide.
    - lxi is 1.5 not all power (mirrors), Corolla Gli is. advantage corolla.
    - lxi engine is 1.5, corolla is 1.6 DOHC pa. advantage corolla. (? depende sa priority mo)
    - lxi has bigger interior, advantage Civic.
    - lxi's not allowed to be used as taxi, advantage Civic (hehe if this bothers you at all)

So for me, the 2 car's just about the same. If you consider the Civic VTI trim, then hands-down - CIVIC! hehe
    I'd go for the Corolla GLi.
    advantages:
    - stronger: 110hp 1.6 liter Twincam engine (vs Civic 1.5's 105hp engine)
    - safer: standard Dual-Airbags and ABS.
    - added interior feature: 60/40 split folding rear seats.

Some say the interior of this '98-01 Corolla is small, even smaller than the '92-97 model. I believe part of this is due to the bigger seats(longer seat cushions).
    Last edited by AG4; March 6th, 2006 at 06:14 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    . . . but then if you consider the 1.8SEG trim (even vs the VTi) COROLLA na! hehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    wow dami ng reply pala.
    thanks for your opinions.

actually i am inclined to choose the civic lxi kasi nga mas malaki ang size kesa dun sa corolla.yung corolla ay hindi pa yung altis look. tapos, yung honda ay casa maintained, kumpleto sa service record.

test drive namin sya kanina with my cousin who is into cars, sabi nya ok pa naman daw.

but i hope you will keep your opinions coming para i am well informed when i finally decide.

thanks guys!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by herbularyo
    Hindi ba casa maintained ang Corolla?

Generally, Civic has a higher resale value than the corolla probably dahil walang taxi.
    I used to own a 1996 Civic VTi so my (loyalty) vote goes to Honda
    unfortunately hindi sya casa maintained.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    actually, itong corolla at civic parehas lang sa dimension. mukha lang maliit yung corolla, kasi hindi siya bilugan. although, mukhang mas anemic yung LXi sa GLi, mas mabigat pa rin yung Corolla sa overall bodyweight (i didn't have the exact figures though). saka, isa pa ang pagkaka-alam ko malakas sa gas ang mga Toyota. would you believe i can manage to have 12.5 Km/L sa 10 year old LXi namin?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Hay ang malas. My wife and I decided to get the Civic Lxi. We deposited earnest money of 10K yesterday morning. Since it was a car loan, we agreed with the seller to make the pay off by next week since processing of the loan would take around 9 days at the most.

Early this morning I got a call from the seller. Itinakas daw kagabi yung unit nung bro nya. Naaksidente sa QC, laki daw damage. Nag-agree kmi na balik na lang deposit pag wala silang maipapalit.

I still have to call the seller of the corolla if it is still available, but i am again looking for another car para dami options.

Hay pag mamalasin ka nga naman

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pareng thelark, ang ibig saihin nyan is talagang hindi sya para sa iyo. hehehehe. siguro galit na galit yung seller sa utol nya... pera na naging bato pa...

anyway, asa-sa iyo yan if you want to proceed with the rolla or look for another lxi. ang mahirap kasi dyan is kung trip mo talaga yung civic, tapos you settled down with the rolla, baka maging unhappy ka sa choice mo eh.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    *happygilmore.

sinabi mo pa pare, galit na galit yung kuya sa kapatid.biro mo next week sana my pera na.binawi ko na lang earnest money.

well, priority pa rin ang civic, kaya hanap pa ako ng iba pero andyan lang naman yung corolla.thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2001 Corolla Gli or 2000 Civic LXi?