New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I'm planning to buy a second hand car which will be my first own car and will be used mainly for city driving (work home). Can you help me guys to choose between these two.

I'm considering these factors;

-availability of parts
    -servicing cost
    -fuel consumption
    -resale value

Your inputs are highly appreciated, thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    EDIT: Okay, ngayon ko lang nalaman that the lovelife was sold alongside the ZZ altis up until around 2005.

Can't really comment as I have not owned either vehicle, but the resale value on the Honda is likely higher, because of the newer body of the City (the lovelife was released in 1997) and the common Pinoy perception that Honda vehicles are more "high end".

Servicing cost may be slightly higher at the Honda casa than the Toyota casa. Outside, the cost of labor should be similar with the the cost of parts being what would set these apart.
    Last edited by mda; June 21st, 2012 at 08:59 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    City ako, better engine plus EFi mas matulin, a hair more efficient. All power na lahat ng Type-Z. More fun to hustle. Although mas solid ang pakiramdam i-drive ang lovelife. hehehe

pag ganito na mga oto, hindi na siguro advisable pa ipa-casa. pag sa banawe, napaka daming pyesa nyan. ang cost sa casa, banawe + mini mods na yun. good luck.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Thanks sa mga inputs sir, actually city narin ang plano kong bilhin due to its EFI engine and yung porma niya, as Ichecked sa ibang threads medyo downside lang talaga siguro yung cost and availability ng spare parts. I'm also considering Vios 1.3 2004-05 kaso di na swak sa budget almost 300k na eh, my budget is only 200-230.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dadzpogz View Post
    Thanks sa mga inputs sir, actually city narin ang plano kong bilhin due to its EFI engine and yung porma niya, as Ichecked sa ibang threads medyo downside lang talaga siguro yung cost and availability ng spare parts. I'm also considering Vios 1.3 2004-05 kaso di na swak sa budget almost 300k na eh, my budget is only 200-230.
    Sir, galing-galingan lang sa pag hahanap. hehehe dati nga sa VCP meron nag benta 2004 1.5G AT nga lang pero 260k lang

kaya siguro 230-240k sa mga 1.3E Vios MT

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hello Sir, 97 City owner here, which has the same engine as the type Z. If I were to choose I'd get the City. The Type-Z models are much more refined than older ones such as mine, but of course, you'd stilll have more comfort in the corolla due to its size. However, for city driving, the City is there among the new small cars in terms of fuel efficiency. It's easily the most cost-effective subcompact car you can buy at your budget. As for the parts, it's not really a problem as there are reknowned stores in Banawe that carry Honda parts. Cost and availability is just the same as other honda parts, some a little pricier than usual, but not that much. For example, the OEM whole front suspension arm costs 1.5k, and this already includes the ball joint, small and big bushings.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    mag honda city ka nalang sir. mas mataas resale value ng honda.
    at efi po ang city kumpara sa lovelife karburador pa yung 1.3 kaya mas matipid

makakabili ka na ng vios 2003-2005 nasa 220-250k . tiygaan lang sa pag hahanap
    peru syempre mas Ok ang vios :naughty2:

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    City na syempre. The basic platforms of both cars are of pretty much the same age. Circa 1997. But the Lovelife's 1.3 engine dates back to the mid to late 80s and has not been improved since then. Mas maganda rin ang dating ng Type-Z as compared to the generic design of the Lovelife. For 200+k though, I'd suggest you look for the City Type-Z 1.5VTi. Ayun ang talagang mabilis!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    hindi ka ipapahiya ng 1.3 corolla he he he