New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    my kabarkada's 2000 sentra STA doesnt have any electronic problems at all, sunroof works just fine etc. i dont think the electronics are as fragile as some people might think.
    Last edited by BlueBimmer; July 13th, 2006 at 12:29 PM.

I'd pick the Exalta >> 34K kms less on the odo, 125K less on the wallet, more creature comforts and features. Altis is overrated IMO. Also depende din yan sa mayari ng kotse kung paano mag alaga, even the toughest of cars will break down if you don't maintain it religiously.

Tama si Kimpoy don't worry about the resale value. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's a little apples and oranges in this comparison given that the cars in concern are of different years and model generations.

Looking at the mileage and price differences i may lean towards the Exalta. Try to verify the mileage though as it is relatively low (and 2nd owner na yung car).

That Exalta model doesnt have much problems with the accessories (as long as the car wasnt abused) but the fuel mileage will be not as good as the Altis (my sis' Altis gets around 10-11km/L while the Exalta will probably do around 7-8km/L).

If you can bring the Altis price down to around 340K then ibang usapan na yan (and added value it's being 1st owner selling).

Our family has 2 Toyota Altis' and my main feedback is it's like driving a golf cart... not much personality (bland and Toyota predictable) with matching "beepbeepbeep" when the car is on reverse :P I enjoyed driving our a/t I/H/E-modded B14 Sentra much more.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    for a 2002 car, that 80k mileage on the Altis is a bit high (almost 23K per year).
    If Altis - features that you'll miss vs the STA:
    - abs
    - airbags
    - leather seats
    - imitation wood trims
    - rear blinds.
    - low mileage (if that 40K is accurate)

If STA - What you'll miss vs the Altis
    - new body/style
    - excellent fuel mileage
    - toyota QDR (quality, durability, Reliability ) hehe, some may disagree.
    - roominess (far more roomy than Sentra)
    - refinement
    - cheaper spareparts

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    STA na lang po. I dunno why pero I'm drawn into it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Based on the title of the thread, hands-down Altis, but after reading the specs and condition, Exalta...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    E-x-a-l-t-a

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    odo reading ng altis grabe..

sa Exalta nlang ako

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    guys, have seen the exalta already. Medyo hesitant lang ako kc ung alarm/keyless entry/central lock is not working (may inalis/disconnect na parang box...2k daw sa casa), disc changer cant play audio CDs, no HU backlight (pero pag nalubak eh bumabalik so probably loose connection lng), defogger switch is not working, may rust na sa wheel well and may tunog sa manilbela not sure kung sa gulong pag kabig ng manibela. Duda ko eh sa power steering. Bka mahal pagawa nun.

i'll try to haggle the price na lng muna baka pumayag or better check the ads muna. bka may mas ok pa.

tnx

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by usong725
    guys, have seen the exalta already. Medyo hesitant lang ako kc ung alarm/keyless entry/central lock is not working (may inalis/disconnect na parang box...2k daw sa casa), disc changer cant play audio CDs, no HU backlight (pero pag nalubak eh bumabalik so probably loose connection lng), defogger switch is not working, may rust na sa wheel well and may tunog sa manilbela not sure kung sa gulong pag kabig ng manibela. Duda ko eh sa power steering. Bka mahal pagawa nun.

i'll try to haggle the price na lng muna baka pumayag or better check the ads muna. bka may mas ok pa.

tnx
    Don't haggle, stay away from that one, tama hanap ka ng iba

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2000 Sentra Exalta STA or 2002 Altis 1.6J