New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Given the same condition, which one is better to buy for daily use as far as fuel efficiency, performance and comfort are concern.

1. 2000 Nissan Sentra GTS.
    2. 2000 Honda Civic VTi VTEC.

Would you prefer also Civic SIR for daily use?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Go for the EK VTi VTEC (m/t?). SiR is a very good buy but it consumes more fuel than its other brothers (LXi, VTi), if you're looking for a civic that does well with better FC, then just pick the LXi (1.5 m/t, city driving) else, just stick with the VTi.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by erickdpogi View Post
    Go for the EK VTi VTEC (m/t?). SiR is a very good buy but it consumes more fuel than its other brothers (LXi, VTi), if you're looking for a civic that does well with better FC, then just pick the LXi (1.5 m/t, city driving) else, just stick with the VTi.
    I prefer manual tranny.
    As for the civic, I was also considering LXi, but the price are almost the same with VTI that is why I choose VTi.

I disregard City as long as comfort/suspension is concern.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Go for the Civic, mas ok vti kung matic, sobrang kupad lxi na matic pero ok din lxi basta manual

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I love Sentras but my vote would go to the Civic.

Pero get the better maintained unit, be it the Sentra or the Civic.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I'll get the CIVIC higher resale value and mas madali maintain at mas maporma wag lang Lxi mabagal kasi para sa akin pero ok rin naman as long it is CIVIC at matipid sa gas at easier to maintain nissan kasi pag nasira hirap hanapan ng piyesa at medyo mahal

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    civic sa akin.fanboi he he he

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    kung civic pipiliin mo.. try this ad.. civic 2000 lxi m/t.. hehe

http://tsikot.yehey.com/classifieds/...uct/3619/cat/5

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Depends on you din eh... Actually we have a B13 and an SiR sa garage. Based on my experience both have good quality.. I wont say the same for the new sentras vs new civics though, coz the N16 sentras suck! the last good Sentra has the B14 body. Siguro just choose the one that came from a car enthusiast para alaga sya.

Sentra has the advantage for 2nd hand buyers kc cheaper sya just like the Lancer, but medyo mahal nga lang ng konti piyesa nya vs other brands. On looks maganda sya, if you want to set it up mas ok than to do it in a Civic... kasi you will just be "one of them.."

Civic has a higher resale value a disadvantage for 2nd hand buyers pero you won't see any of them thats used on taxis. Looks good din.

Just choose na lang the one that is better maintained.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Actually these are the 2 cars na mabenta on a relative's car buy and sell shop.. the civic and the sentra. Since 2000 model, I guess the Sentra that time still has better quality coz I must agree w/ Red XIII the current local sentras are not that good.. sana nga we has the B15 just like the westerns do.

Anyways for me maybe I'll choose the Sentra GTS, it's looks good na at stock trim, and use the extra remaining buck for maintenance and maybe even set it more up.
    But again bottom line pick the one that is maintained well.. either of the two naman is good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2000 Sentra or Civic?