New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    how about 2005 Nissan Cefiro??
    Not a fan of the car bro - old model (same as the 1997 one with a few facelifts), and a lot of friends who had one before always had repairs. Di rin maganda handling and itsura for me.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I'd get the 2.0 Mazda 3. Just make it shiny and always clean, and an average person would never know that its an older model since it shares the same body with up to the 2012 models. The 4speed AT was compromised by the manual mode, but take note though that its not that super responsive (may konting lag pa din). Just not sure if it can clock 100kph within your specified time frame.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    If your after torque, let go of the accord. So slow for a 2 liter.

The crv first gen, the higher hp rating is the 2000 2001 model. The one with a silver box on the intake (it's a silencer).

From the choices and storage of a bike, crv gets my vote.

The maintenance is a breeze because it shares almost the same components of an ek civic.

Don't worry about the brakes, I got bendix metal king pads and it's enough to stop the car with a tuned engine at 165whp.

Ford rs get my vote if it's pure performance.

Edit: other than Olx and ayosdito join groups on fb. Just search for them. Maganda is wala masyado buy and sell.
    Hi Archie, I use a 2000 150 hp CR-V as occasionally, albeit automatic. Doesn't really feel fast to me, but above adequate. Responsive transmission and 60-100 kph is pretty decent, but from a standstill or from 120 kph onwards, doesn't have a lot of punch. Must be the long gearing of the AT? The R18 Civic is more rev happy (no torque) but I don't mind revving as long as it gets up to speed quickly.

Haven't tried the 2.0 Accord yet, but from your experience, a 2.0 F20 manual Accord is slower than a B20 manual CR-V? I understand that the B20 is inherently torquier than the F20 but the CR-V is also heavier by almost 100 kilos.

Also, your thoughts on the 2.3 F23? Almost same price in OLX. I know it's torquier, but how far is the performance vs the 2.0 if both are MT? I only get 6 km/L with our 2.0 CR-V AT and if the 2.3 is much thirstier than the 2.0 without much difference in performance, I might opt for the 2.0. But if performance is noticeably better without too much of a hit in FC (say, 0.5 km/L only), then I'll look more towards the 2.3.

One problem we've had with the CR-V is the AWD mechanism which has been creaking from the rear lately when making hard turns. If this is a frequent problem for most CR-Vs, I might have to disable the AWD.

The bike storage isn't a very important feature since I usually pedal all the way so I rarely load the bike in the car, and whether I put it in a CR-V or a midsizer, I still have to take out the front wheel to load it (though it's easier to load with a CR-V through the rear hatch as opposed to doors on a sedan).

Sorry for the flurry of questions, I know kasi you're pretty well-versed on Honda engines and your inputs are highly appreciated. Thanks bro

Last edited by jut703; September 26th, 2014 at 05:34 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    I'd get the 2.0 Mazda 3. Just make it shiny and always clean, and an average person would never know that its an older model since it shares the same body with up to the 2012 models. The 4speed AT was compromised by the manual mode, but take note though that its not that super responsive (may konting lag pa din). Just not sure if it can clock 100kph within your specified time frame.
    Would you say that a 2.0 Mazda 3 is worth double the price of an Accord? 160k vs 320k kasi price and I'm trying to justify if it's worth it.

Also, at that price range, why not the Mz6 nalang since it's roughly the same price with more power, better transmission, better looks, and more features?

Thanks bro

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Would you say that a 2.0 Mazda 3 is worth double the price of an Accord? 160k vs 320k kasi price and I'm trying to justify if it's worth it.

Also, at that price range, why not the Mz6 nalang since it's roughly the same price with more power, better transmission, better looks, and more features?

Thanks bro

Well kung saken kasi sir kung 2nd hand purchase, the newer (fresher) the better. But of course ideally if you can find a 98-02 Accord that is still in pristine condition for that price, then no doubt go for the accord. It just so happens that since mababa resale value ng M3, you can get a relatively 'newer' unit for its prevailing market value.

About the M6 naman, personally I wasn't a fan of the looks of the 1st gen, but that's just me. The 2.0 M3 is 'premium' enough for my taste. If you go for the M3 vs M6, you can save the excess in price for some mods and maintenance, with having a relatively 'newer' unit. Its also given that the M6 will consume more and will cost more to maintain than the M3. You just have to weigh if you're willing to sacrifice that for the overall better drive than the M3.

Sorry lalo yata gumulo utak mo.
    Last edited by leodawesome; September 26th, 2014 at 06:07 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014

Thanks bro

8 months na bro
    nakapili ka na/nakabili na
    if not
    suggest ko Accord kung kasya sa budget
    How about Toyota Camry mukhang pasok sa budget mo?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Well kung saken kasi sir kung 2nd hand purchase, the newer (fresher) the better. But of course ideally if you can find a 98-02 Accord that is still in pristine condition for that price, then no doubt go for the accord. It just so happens that since mababa resale value ng M3, you can get a relatively 'newer' unit for its prevailing market value.

About the M6 naman, personally I wasn't a fan of the looks of the 1st gen, but that's just me. The 2.0 M3 is 'premium' enough for my taste. If you go for the M3 vs M6, you can save the excess in price for some mods and maintenance, with having a relatively 'newer' unit. Its also given that the M6 will consume more and will cost more to maintain than the M3. You just have to weigh if you're willing to sacrifice that for the overall better drive than the M3.

Sorry lalo yata gumulo utak mo.
    Mababa rin kasi resale value ng Accord since midsizer siya hehe. Cheaper than Civics and Cities na kaedad niya nga eh. Tama ka bro best to look for a unit na konti sira para hindi headache.

So far the Accords I'm looking at, yung isang 2.3 ay sira power windows, speedometer and may gasgas bumper. All are minor stuff that I can fix for about 10k and the seller says mechanically ok naman but I need to check with a mechanic din.

Another Accord na 2.0 naman has a faulty compressor which is more expensive to replace.

Yung Mz6 kasi na facelifted bro type na type ko itsura, and same price ang '05 Mz3 2.0 sa '07 Mz6 2.3 so hindi rin ako lugi sa age. Higher maintenance and fuel costs for the Mz6 I'm willing to bear, in exchange for more performance and a more luxurious car.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    8 months na bro
    nakapili ka na/nakabili na
    if not
    suggest ko Accord kung kasya sa budget
    How about Toyota Camry mukhang pasok sa budget mo?
    Nagstop ako maghanap bro eh and ngayon lang ulit ako nagresume sa paghahanap ng kotse.

Which Accord are you referring to? Currently the 6th gen is on top of the list since pinakamura.

The Camry was also in my shortlist top 10 but ultimately di ko type yung daddy car vibe niya and medyo mahal siya..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Yung Mz6 kasi na facelifted bro type na type ko itsura, and same price ang '05 Mz3 2.0 sa '07 Mz6 2.3 so hindi rin ako lugi sa age. Higher maintenance and fuel costs for the Mz6 I'm willing to bear, in exchange for more performance and a more luxurious car.
    Mukang pwede na scratch si M3 2.0 sa list.

Between the accord and the 6, 6 ako. Depende na lang siguro sa deal at sa condition nung cars. Good luck bro!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Mukang pwede na scratch si M3 2.0 sa list.

Between the accord and the 6, 6 ako. Depende na lang siguro sa deal at sa condition nung cars. Good luck bro!
    Toyota Corona Exsior. if it wasn't so old. not very quick but i think it's just a classic.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Which 2-liter Car to Buy?