New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    take your pick 2 hatchback / sedan vs 1 suv

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [QUOTE=urbanmetal;2671858]take your pick 2 hatchback / sedan vs 1 suv[/QUOTE

do i need two cars?
    do i need an suv?

if no to both, i'd buy just one car. probably the cheaper one, if i'm not too picky..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    1 suv cheaper to maintain

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    1 suv

one parking lang kailangan mo

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    One car is enough for me. Pwede na ung SUV.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    i see... i saw a video on youtube, where the guy talking is making a point that SUVs are too expensive and 2 cars are more flexible if there are more than 1 person who can drive in the family.

so here in PH, rough comparison would be... 2 hyundai accent diesel vs 1 kia sorento / hyundai sta fe. or maybe 1 innova and 1 accent. both combinations would be around 1.4m to 1.5m (purchase cost only, not including other factors). i'm just thinking the additional cost is better put in maintaining the cars than hiring a driver which costs more.U

whatever the case... just some weird rambling on my part, just wanted to know what you guys think. as i'm currently obsessing on this SUV. might as well buy it second hand.

thanks!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    An Innova plus a compact or subcompact would be a practical suggestion. Most CUVs and pickup-based SUVs are used the same way as an Innova so you got yourself a spacious people hauler.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    An Innova plus a compact or subcompact would be a practical suggestion. Most CUVs and pickup-based SUVs are used the same way as an Innova so you got yourself a spacious people hauler.
    I agree, 1 MPV and 1 sedan is a good choice particularly if you have kids and both you and your wife know how to drive. The only drawback is it's more expensive to maintain 2 cars.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Depende sa purpose at kung may garahe ka para sa dalawa.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I'd buy a brand new gas sedan A/T and a second hand mpv M/T because:

1. Wifey will use the sedan daily, I want her trips to be as trouble free as possible.
    2. It is very seldom that we need a big vehicle. I also save a lot by buying second hand.

That's just me.