New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    A recently friend of mine told me that Fortuner 2.5 G is faster than 2002 Isuzu Trooper 3.0 TD in terms of acceleration and overall speed, how true is this statement since he insisted that they tried racing both cars from Zamboanga to Cagayan?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Trooper's power output is nearer to that of the Fortuner 3.0D4d. Both of which hover around the 160bhp neighborhood. The 2.5D4d makes 102bhp.

Btw, racing on public roads is stupid.

Just pay the Php2,000.00 joining fee and settle your differences on the BRC dragstrip if you want. I've seen brand new [and very stock] Toyota Vioses doing battle there.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I already told him about the hp that each vehicles has but still insisted that fortuner can beat trooper, wana ask meron nabang actual test of power between trooper and fortuner? who's faster kaya? what do you think, I heard fotuner is a monster on the road.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What kind of power test? I don't think 102bhp will eat 160bhp using just aearodynamics, weight, and gear ratios considering both are massive trucks.

The Fortuner's 102bhp output even reminds me of the 99bhp of my Pajero. And my Pajero is hardly a rocket. But I'd cut the Paj some slack since it uses some very low gear ratios to enable it to perform well off-road.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ck030459 View Post
    A recently friend of mine told me that Fortuner 2.5 G is faster than 2002 Isuzu Trooper 3.0 TD in terms of acceleration and overall speed, how true is this statement since he insisted that they tried racing both cars from Zamboanga to Cagayan?
    Friend mo ba ang nagsabi?

Your post from your
    Isuzu 4JX1
    thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ck030459
    all I tot maganda talaga ang Trooper because of its 160hp but meron palang badside, kaya pala hindi ko mahabul habul ang fortuner na 2.5 G nung nag landtrip kame, meron pala talagang sira ang engine ko.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    I doubt it, baka may problema yung Trooper/nabantaan yung driver kaya inilaglag yung race.

Medyo malaki kasi difference in terms of power, not sure re: the weight though, pero IIRC ~1,700+ ang Fortuner. Medyo mabagal kasi 2.5 na Fortuner, ramdam mong bitin yung engine, lalo na kung from a full stop kaya duda ako dun sa acceleration na claim. Anyway, IMHO lang naman ito base sa mga naaalala ko.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't think the 2.5L Fort is faster than the 3.0L Trooper, assuming both are in good running condition. The 2.7 gas or 3.0L diesel, perhaps, but not the 2.5L.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Trooper has a much heavier body compared to the Fortuner. About 30% more.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Boybi yups its a friends claim, but thats not the trooper of mine(ck030459) that I am refering here this one is my friends claim in which he uses his trooper, against my cousins fortuner 2.5 G. Mine was also tested against a fortuner but with a doubt because of the performance of my engine. As to the question what test, it was a test on the high way of Zamboanga to Cagayan.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Guys can we still consider the Trooper at lot more faster even it is more heavier by 30% as what was being said by HIFI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2.G Fortuner G. V.S Isuzu trooper 3.0 TD.