New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    a bnew daily driver- (eon, wigo, celerio/alto) & a used larger weekend/coding mpv or pickup

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Pajero fieldmaster and mazda 3

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    vios for city driving safari/pajero for out of town trips

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Honestly, a car that is widely used as a taxi is actually a guarantee of excellent reliability and fuel efficiency.

That being said, there is really no gas-powered CUV that is actually fuel efficient, since they have engines that are at least 2.0L and above. Among the more fuel efficient ones is the 2.3L Escape. A 2007-2008 model and a 2009 Jazz both sell at 400k thereabouts.

I'd also suggest you consider the possibility of getting the much more fuel efficient 1st gen Tucson CRDi plus an older Jazz as well.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for the feedback guys...much appreciated.

Forgot to mention that the bigger one would also be driven by wifey. She is on the petite side and is uncomfortable driving big vehicles so the pajero/patrol route is out.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    And MT to lessen the maintainance...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by birdnipol View Post
    You mean, you want a bigger CUV with manual for wifey?

It has a fuel efficient 1.8L MT and 4x2 drivetrain. I believe this is the most fuel efficient CUV of its age. Get 2005 model because it is the latest year of this body. Plus a Mazda 2 1.5R hatch should be a nice combo :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by birdnipol View Post
    Hmmm. I wonder where did you get the notion of MT being less maintenance. I had 2 cars before, 1 M/T and 1 A/T and stayed with me for a long time. The M/T, i had to replace the clutch pressure plate and clutch bearing while on the A/T, i just regularly check the ATF, way cheaper maintenance for M/T for nearly the same period.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    MT less expense in the long run... but more maintenance downtime, definitely.

-

Any gasoline CUV is going to be a killer on budget. Personally, I'd split my money between a secondhand AUV (like a Crosswind. ) and a small car like a Mirage. Finance the last 100-200k of the cost of the Mirage over your budget.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For 800k, I'd look for a 2006-2008 Mazda6 and a Tribute 2.3L. The wife can have the space of the Tribute and I will have the fun with the Mazda6.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12