New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Which is better sa two? I'l buy a new car and eto options ko...Im after looks and tough car for mga lubak lubak sa mga daan since puro butas ang edsa at expressway.....

If strada, should I get the 2.5L or 3.2L? Baka kasi under power yung 2.5L tpos 4x4 pa.....

thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by downshifter View Post
    Which is better sa two? I'l buy a new car and eto options ko...Im after looks and tough car for mga lubak lubak sa mga daan since puro butas ang edsa at expressway.....

If strada, should I get the 2.5L or 3.2L? Baka kasi under power yung 2.5L tpos 4x4 pa.....

thanks
    sir, i think those two cars you mentioned belong to two different categories. Anyhow, please search as someone had posted this before.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by downshifter View Post

thanks
    Sir downshifter = 2.5L 4x4 is good.. Depende yan sa budget mo.. Kung kaya ng budget mo 3.2L its much better.. so far sa mga naka 2.5L na strada.. wala pang nagsabi na under power to.. it has 136Ps and 300+ of torque..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Actually, i dont need much power and 4x4...gus2 ko lng better suspension and ride

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want better suspension and ride... go for the Strada.

bigbigcar.com Review: Mercedes-Benz C200 Kompressor Avantgarde

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    is there a big difference between everest's suspension compared to strada's? I think both of them has front torsion bars and double wishbone and leaf springs on rear....any big differences?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    If you want better suspension and ride... go for the Strada.

bigbigcar.com Review: Mercedes-Benz C200 Kompressor Avantgarde

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Bro,

I have both and they are great trucks. You can't go wrong if you choose any one, if lubak is just your concern.

It's difficult to compare because they are in different categories. How they look is also very different. The strada is futuristic, while the everest is, well, like a box, simple yet classic in style.

If you want a hauler, go for the pick-up. If you want more seats, go for the everest.

FYI, the front suspension of the everest is torsion bar while it's double wishbone with coilsprings for the strada. Both have solid axle with leaf springs for the rear. There's a rear stabilizer bar for the everest, though.

As for the ride, the everest absorbs small bumps better like in uneven asphalts or dirt roads. Meanwhile, the strada absorbs big bumps better. For the rear, the suspension of the strada is softer.

On which is tougher, the everest feels more solid, like what a real truck should be. The strada is also tough, but, you will feel some compromise due to it's softer suspension set-up.

As to the ride quality, let's put it this way. I like being the driver in the everest, while I like being the passenger in the strada.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    thanks drave. very well said. big help bro.

Yes, i also believe they are not comparable and not in same categories. HOwever, for me kasi, basta i want big vehicle na can go anywhere whatever road condition..

so meaning walang front springs yung everest? tamo po ba pgkaka-intindi ko? this may be the reason kung baket mas softer ang ride sa strada since yung wishbone ay may springs...correct me if im wrong.....

thanks again.....

Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    Bro,

I have both and they are great trucks. You can't go wrong if you choose any one, if lubak is just your concern.

It's difficult to compare because they are in different categories. How they look is also very different. The strada is futuristic, while the everest is, well, like a box, simple yet classic in style.

If you want a hauler, go for the pick-up. If you want more seats, go for the everest.

FYI, the front suspension of the everest is torsion bar while it's double wishbone with coilsprings for the strada. Both have solid axle with leaf springs for the rear. There's a rear stabilizer bar for the everest, though.

As for the ride, the everest absorbs small bumps better like in uneven asphalts or dirt roads. Meanwhile, the strada absorbs big bumps better. For the rear, the suspension of the strada is softer.

On which is tougher, the everest feels more solid, like what a real truck should be. The strada is also tough, but, you will feel some compromise due to it's softer suspension set-up.

As to the ride quality, let's put it this way. I like being the driver in the everest, while I like being the passenger in the strada.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    it depends on your needs and how/where will you use it. as said by drave, if you want a truck that can carry anything that you will put in it, get a strada. if many others will ride with you, then go for everest. everest has great torque while strada has better ride based from owners. why not compare ranger to strada as they are in the same class?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    it depends on your needs and how/where will you use it. as said by drave, if you want a truck that can carry anything that you will put in it, get a strada. if many others will ride with you, then go for everest. everest has great torque while strada has better ride based from owners. why not compare ranger to strada as they are in the same class?

since many are saying na better ang ride sa strada, does this mean na matagtag ang ford everest? what if fully loaded pa?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2.5L Strada or 2.5L Ford Everest