New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Good day mga sir,next year I'm thinking to buy a 2nd hand SUV,in which i can use for several years.In your opinion which of the two I would consider?By the way I will be looking for a turbo diesel pajero..What is the advantage and disadvantages for the both cars? thank you!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung sino mas fresh kung hinde ka naman particular sa size ng SUV. most probably CRV mahahanap mo

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    kung sino mas fresh kung hinde ka naman particular sa size ng SUV. most probably CRV mahahanap mo
    I agree. Look at prospects for both vehicles and go with the best, freshest unit you can find. Both are good vehicles and both are classics in their own right.

The CRV has better interior space and comfort over the Pajero and of course, will be faster with options for a/t or m/t. The Pajero however will have cheaper parts available and the suspension can take more beating. I remember back in college, when i would ride with Otep in his old Pajero, lahat ng lubak tuloy-tuloy lang pero solid pa rin yung truck niya.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    since second hand vehicle ang hanap mo, i also agree with the other tsikoteers' suggestions RE: freshest unit.

yung crv first gen favorite ng mga honda technicians na kilala ko since yan daw pinakamatibay sa 3 generations. and it ages well, hindi naluluma. since gas-fed siya, medyo magastos sa gasolina.yun lang ang aking cons for the crv. maintenance wise, honda parts medyo pricey lang ng konti pero hindi naman outrageous ang presyo. its still a japanese car.

yung pajero gen2 go anywhere suv yan. diesel, 4x4, wala masyado electronics so pwede talaga pangharabas and tatagal pa. and like the crv, it ages well... hindi rin naluluma. iba pa rin nga kung "naka-pajero" ka sabi nga nila. parts wise ang dami may it be OEM or replacement or surplus.

pero kung ako pipili, pajero ako.since naka-pajero rin ako hehehe. and since gagamitin mo siya ng matagal pang panahon, i think easier maintenance yung pajero. calibration lang ang mabigat na gastusin diyan usually.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    How much are the selling prices of both? If you are comfort and/or performance oriented, then you'd be better off with the CRV. If you value economy and ruggedness then get the Pajero. How much is your budget by the way? If you're getting the CRV, though. Better get the manual version so that you can at least a bit on fuel expenses.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    How much are the selling prices of both? If you are comfort and/or performance oriented, then you'd be better off with the CRV. If you value economy and ruggedness then get the Pajero. How much is your budget by the way? If you're getting the CRV, though. Better get the manual version so that you can at least a bit on fuel expenses.
    Actually the FC of the first gen CRV a/t is quite decent as compared to the second gen. Used to get 7-8km/L in city driving. It'll go down to the 6's on a bad day.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    thanks guys sa inputs..looking for both m/t..around 300k sa crv,then 350-370k sa pajero,hopefully both fresh makuha sa isa sa kanila.I'm thinking pajero is a tough vehicle will last,.then crv naman is much elegant and fast.I'm considering less maintenance din naman in the future.hope to here more inputs..thanks again!..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    don't expect a fresh unit with that price... lalo na sa pajero... medyo luma na kasi talaga ang mga iyan at lalo na ang pajero.. luma na mataas pa ang benta

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Napakataas naman kasi ng resale value ng Pajero. Siguradong laspag na yan at this price unless very well taken cared of and well converted Subic Pajero yan. For a good unit, CRV M/T nalang. If the A/T version gets 6-8km/L, siguro ang manual makakaabot naman ng 8-10km/L?
    Here are some:
    Honda CR-V MT - 01 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda CR-V Mags DVD TV 4x4 MT - 99 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda CR-V MT - 99 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph

1st Gen.CRV or 96 local Pajero?