New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    for me i would settle for SiR, less expense compare sa Mazda3..baka nalubog sa baha yung masda3

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Definitely not the Civic for its already a decade old but not the Mazda as well. For a budget as high as 380K you can find a lot newer and more decently conditioned units.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Raise your budget a bit more and get another Mazda.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    we have a 11 year old advie GLS at home. My dad uses it nalang. Yesterday, I used it service a bunch of people... daming tunog sa under chasis... Aircon is still cold pero its a decade old car... So I had it check by my mechanic (not my dad's)... assessed around 100T gastos max..

Repainting job is 30T
    Replaced timing belt and so forth 15T
    Calibration 8T
    Replaced shock and ball joint, etc around 30T
    Replace aircon air vents

So i told my dad its time to sell the old advie at 250t and get a new one at 850T... By being practical, my dad decided to keep the advie and have it repair na lang.. he said, better to spend 100T on repairs than wasting 600T on a new unit (which he argues the engine is practically the same)...

May pahabol pa dad ko... pwede ba raw i-dress up ang advie kung gusto ko.. hahaha

Tama po ba ang decision?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dudee,

OT post mo. Anyway, sobrang mahal naman ng mga repair na ginawa..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    420k meron kanang matinong mazda 3...04 model..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    we have a 11 year old advie GLS at home. My dad uses it nalang. Yesterday, I used it service a bunch of people... daming tunog sa under chasis... Aircon is still cold pero its a decade old car... So I had it check by my mechanic (not my dad's)... assessed around 100T gastos max..

Repainting job is 30T
    Replaced timing belt and so forth 15T
    Calibration 8T
    Replaced shock and ball joint, etc around 30T
    Replace aircon air vents

So i told my dad its time to sell the old advie at 250t and get a new one at 850T... By being practical, my dad decided to keep the advie and have it repair na lang.. he said, better to spend 100T on repairs than wasting 600T on a new unit (which he argues the engine is practically the same)...

May pahabol pa dad ko... pwede ba raw i-dress up ang advie kung gusto ko.. hahaha

Tama po ba ang decision?
    No. Papagawa niyo ng advie niyo, pero malay niyo after quite some time may sira nanaman edi ibang gastos ulit. Ganito na lang....

Sell your advie then ; your budget doesn't need to be 850k, you could get an Adventure, AGAIN for a much lesser price. Or, settle for a sentra / vios which is around 595k ( vios ) and the sentra which is priced at 610k.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Your dad's advice is the one I would follow. Unless you're buying a new car or a used one that you are familiar with in terms of condition and history, just repair the one you have now. You know the history of the Adventure because you own it already, the other cars that are used and you are not very sure of the history. Those problems you mentioned may just be the tip of the iceberg for those cars. I would bet the Mazda doesn't just need a recharge of the AC. How does a car only 4 years old already need a recharge of the AC? All the cars I have had have never needed a recharge in the first 5 years, and when it eventually needed a recharge it was because of a leak in the condenser or someplace else. The Honda could have an engine that's been put away wet and abused since owners of those cars like to use race those engines.
    Last edited by redorange; October 21st, 2009 at 07:18 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Forget the Mazda 3, as you said, hindi marunong mag alaga yung owner. I'm sure aside from the problems you said, madami pang ibang mechanical or whatever problem na lalabas diyan. 60k kilometers of careless ownership, madame na magiging problem yan.

What variant yung Mazda 3? 1.6S, V, HB or 2.0R?

380k acquisition cost+cost of repairs siguro almost 500k magastos mo. Buy a well maintained Mazda 3 nalang. Same lang gastos mo, current price of M3 range from 400-500+ depending on they year model, mileage, etc.
    Last edited by glntVR; October 21st, 2009 at 07:17 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by emms1121 View Post
    Dudee,

OT post mo. Anyway, sobrang mahal naman ng mga repair na ginawa..
    Di pa po ginawa ang repairs, rough estimates pa lang yun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
1999 Honda SIR vs 2005 MAZDA3