New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Ask ko lang ano mas okay kasi pinapapili ako ng Dad kung ano ang gusto ko, Mas bago yung montero pero in terms of ride and comfort mas gusto ko prado. Help! We have the both cars pinapapili lang ako para pang personal use ko na

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Much as I love the Prado, that LC90 is quite old. You'll probably run into some issues with maintenance and wear and tear on that 16 year old unit, so better to go with the newer 2010 MS for peace of mind. Matibay kung sa matibay ang Prado, it's an LC after all, but it will need more TLC.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Agree, the Prado is good but it's just... old and definitely repairs will be needed here and there.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    The Prado is just too old. It may be in need of repairs very soon. Go with the MS.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If that MS is a 4x4 model, then go for it. If not, Prado gets my vote.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    If that MS is a 4x4 model, then go for it. If not, Prado gets my vote.
    The MS is 4x2 it seems. The 4x4 models are dubbed as the SE or GT-V AFAIK.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    May 4x4 at may 4x2 ata, GLS SE yung 4x4 na 3.2 ang engine afaik eh. But still, a 3yo car is better than a 16 yo car imho especially if hindi naman gagamitin palagi 4x4.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...LS+4x4+MT-2010

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...tero+Sport+GLS
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; September 26th, 2013 at 09:56 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Diesel ba yung Prado? At Magkano? Most of the late 90s LC90's I find are the gasoline V6's. Like they say, sobrang layo na ng age difference.

The Montero Sport's ride quality is considered quite good already, especially in its class. It should also give better gas mileage and better mid to high range kick than the 1KZ Prado.

If you want a compromise, you'd probably want to consider the CK Pajero instead. Class is the same as the Prado's and resale isn't as insanely high.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MS ka na lang. lalo na kung yan Prado eh v6 gas engine talo ka na.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The MS is 4x2 it seems. The 4x4 models are dubbed as the SE or GT-V AFAIK.
    when the monty was first released, there were two 4x4 with 4m41 engine gls se and gls. we have the gls variant.
    i just can‘t recall if the 4x2 was also gls because after sometime the 4x4 gls was discontinued and only the variant with a 2.5 engine was tagged as gls.

but for me, just like what the others said, id rather choose the newer one.