New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i am about to get 1 for 100k. is it a good buy. can i know the pros and cons of this car?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I think toyota coronas are really good cars in terms of quality and durability. We owned a 96 corona before and I should say its one of the best car we had even upto now. I dont know about the 92 model but it shouldnt be that far from the 96. We sold ours for 180k 2yrs ago w/c really is a sacrifice sale if you ask me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    yeah, coronas are great cars, classy (they were the top of the line before the camry came). but the one you are going to buy seems too cheap. please check it out thoroughly.

oh, there's a local car club where you can get more info: clubcoronaph.com

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    pros: matibay, built like a tank, surplus parts may karamihan sa banawe
    cons: malakas sa gas, mahal pyesa (kung orig gusto mo)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I would have to disagree na malakas sa gas corona. The 96 Corona(M/T) I was using back in college consumes between 10-12km/L, pure city driving from binondo to lasalle taft and 70% of the time e bumper to bumper traffic. Madiin pa paa ko sa gas dahil sa pikon sa traffic.

As for the parts e meron mura at orig part ng corona na mabibilhan sa Binondo area din at dun din mismo sa kanila kumukuha ang kasa as in Toyota Phil. Usually half the casa price but you have to find someone to put it in your car dahil hindi sila nagkakabit ng replacement parts.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    salamat sa tulong . meron pa po bang iba?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    iniisip ko din hingin yung ganyan ng lolo ko kase nakatambak lang...

kaso yung 92 model aka ST 171 is a 2.0L Carb... ive experienced driving a 91 Galant SS 2.0L Carb and gasoline consumption is not good.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you have some money to spare, suggest you look for a corona st-191 (1993 up model) in good condition. It's more powerful, spacious, durable and thrifty on gas. Mine has 170,000kms. on the clock and it's still solid, fast and troublefree. Even if i have other vehicles now i can't bring myself to sell that car. That's how good it is for me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yup, and the difference isnt that big. ive been seeing 93 ST-191s for as low as 160K neg pa sa ads...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    salamat sa reply ninyo. so are you saying that the 1992 model aint good? coz i found one na kasi eh. 100k lang. can we easily find spare parts for this car? thats my main concern eh aside from gas mileage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
1992 corona ex