New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I am planning to get one pero can i have your comments on this car first?
    comments on parts availability, gas mileage, madali bang masira etc etc.

really appreciate your help.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don't get ATs, sirain ang era na yan sa AT.

Check overheating and power windows, we had 2 before bnew parehas yan ang problem.

Great ride actually, sarap ibyahe... Yung isang unit namin tabingi ang steering wheel to the right, sakit sa shoulder hehe.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    get the 2.0 MPI not the carb type. If you can get a GTi much better. Looks and power combined into one. Get one that's stock for less headache. If you are getting a 2.0 MPI AT, make sure that the transimission is still good, otherwise it will set you back for another 8-12K for the surplus tranny plus labor charge. a repair kit cost around 7-8K and is still expensive. Also ensure that the servo and the engine idle is stable before getting the car.

Cons: Age and high mileage, Rust on some panels, expect to change some underchassis and engine parts. Might need a paint job depending on the condition of car. Ave 6-7km/liter on city drives, 11-12 on the highway.

Pros: Parts availability is still abundant. many replacement parts and surplus parts available. Enough pulling power. all power amenities. soft suspension and very ideal for long drives. won japanese car of the year during its era.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    SS was a SOHC 2.0L Carb type engine... you can get 6km/l on a manual transmission equipped cars.

space is great, power is good, handling is ok. 90s Galant especially the 6th gens are one of the most durable midsizer in its era. my aunt sold hers just this year after almost 15years of using it.

-check for overheating as theveed said
    -power windows
    -balljoints sa likod at mga bushings madali bumigay yung rear suspension

alternatives:
    -Nissan Bluebird 2.0SS
    -Nissan Altima 2.0SSS/SSS-G
    -Mazda 626

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    I 93 GTI mo na bro manual tranny. Konti lang naman siguro difference sa 2nd hand market. Pero leaps and bounds sa looks and power department. This car is a classic in my book. Its the favorite car I never had.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    yeah get the Silver/Gray GTIs of that particular model... ang pogi talaga...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    yeah get the Silver/Gray GTIs of that particular model... ang pogi talaga...
    I agree. Galant's in this era are well known for there pull-back-to-your-seat-power and smooth ride. Better to get a M/T for this old a car though, you'll get less head and wallet aches!

And bring a good mechanic! GL!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    SS was a SOHC 2.0L Carb type engine... you can get 6km/l on a manual transmission equipped cars.

space is great, power is good, handling is ok. 90s Galant especially the 6th gens are one of the most durable midsizer in its era. my aunt sold hers just this year after almost 15years of using it.

-check for overheating as theveed said
    -power windows
    -balljoints sa likod at mga bushings madali bumigay yung rear suspension

alternatives:
    -Nissan Bluebird 2.0SS
    -Nissan Altima 2.0SSS/SSS-G
    -Mazda 626
    ===============

Sir, there is no balljoint on the rear suspension of a 6G. The usual culprit on the rear suspension is the suspension arm bushing which is attached to the car chassis this causes noise as the suspension arm moves.

To deal with overheating, some 6G owners like me install a 3rd fan infront the radiator grill and the a/c condenser. This aux fan is tapped to the a/c fan so that when the compressor engages, the 2 fans actually engage. This aids and results to better cooling for your A/C and your radiator.

Different Models for 6G based on engine:
    SuperSaloon
    - 1.8L carb (1988-1989)
    - 2.0L carb (1990-1991) - released with M/T and A/T trannies

The MPI-SuperSaloon
    - 2.0L 4G63 SOHC 8valves Electronic Controlled Injection -Multi Point Injection w/ 130hp
    - released with M/T and A/T trannies

The flagship model GTi
    - 2.0L 4G63 DOHC 16valves ECI-MPI w/ 145hp
    - w/ spoiler, body molding, side skirt, front and rear chins and bumper mounted foglights.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Get the GTi.

As I've stated in another related thread, it is one of the better cars I've driven.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Its unanimous...So GTI na talaga ang question eh kung anong kulay. Gray, maroon or black. White na immaculate ok rin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
1989 - 1992 2.0 Mitsu-Galant Super Saloon