New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    i myself own a Jazz, but if the Accent Diesel was released last year, No doubt i'll be going that route. Cheaper Acquisition cost + Cheaper Cost of Fuel + Better FC is a win for me. Even if maintainance might be more expensive comparing to petrol engines, total cost of ownership will still be cheaper i guess. :D

BUT if you need that cargo space and for peace of mind, still get that Jazz :D

2. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    the accent crdi is very attractive specs-wise, i was also highly considering it before. however, i'd still get the jazz because it's my first official new car.

i'm very concerned about reliability and aftersales. hyundai has great cars, but HARI turned me off with the accent gas' knocking issue. for me, if a decent amount of local testing was done, they could've done the necessary adjustments and the knocking issue wouldn't have reached the hands of numerous owners. (i really took time to read the posts here and other forums / blogs, they're very alarming.) in the end, parang naging guinea pig ang mismong customers. i didn't want to risk that with yet another newly-introduced engine in our market, the 1.6L CRDi. (recently, topgear ph reported that Kia CAC expressed their hesitation about bringing that same engine here due to diesel quality concerns. sure, possibly an excuse, possibly true.)

i agree, every casa / brand has their own share of bad experiences. upon looking around though, i observed that honda has the least amount and gravity of complaints. there are also "good" casas to go to. reliability of the Jazz is remarkable both in the local and overseas market with very few / minor recalls and "sakit".

also, i may not be able to hold on to my Jazz for a long time so resale was also a consideration.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    accent diesel also, ang tipid pa ng FC, mura pa krudo. value for money. so far wala pa naman issue. and i guess wala naman siguro kasi forte ng hyundai ang diesel. wala naman issue for santa fe or starex. yung casa lang pproblemahin mo. search ka dito ano mga recommended casa

4. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Medyo OT, but yun Fastrans airport taxis sa cebu na accent 1.5 diesel umaabot na ng 250,000 km takbo. Sabi sa driver(s), wala problema yun engine. ang nareplace lang nila yun parts sa suspension bushings at shocks.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    i didn't want to risk that with yet another newly-introduced engine in our market, the 1.6L CRDi.
    Hindi dahil nag karoon ng problema ang 1.4L gasoline engine ng accent eh ganoon din mangyayari sa 1.6L CRDi engine accent. Ang test car ng HARI1.6L CRDi ay matagal na dito sa Manila yan.. Eh yung 1.6L & 1.8L gasoline engine sa present accent & elantra wala naman problema ah..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Agree with them. Accent CRDi for me. And then I'd get the manual variant and accessorize it myself. 16" mags, the optional fogs, a decent sound system, 4300k main and 3000k fog bulbs, chip tuning with K&N and deym!

For you to avoid any sort of problems, you just have to take good care of your car. Our "problematic", "lemon" 4JX1 Isuzu Trooper had nothing besides the consumables replaced till it was past 7 years of age! Turbo problems can be avoided by letting the car idle for perhaps a minute or two after hard and/or long driving to let it cool off. And then if you properly change oil every 5tkms, it will give you years and years and years of excellent service.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by defend2013 View Post
    Medyo OT, but yun Fastrans airport taxis sa cebu na accent 1.5 diesel umaabot na ng 250,000 km takbo. Sabi sa driver(s), wala problema yun engine. ang nareplace lang nila yun parts sa suspension bushings at shocks.
    The Fast Transit Lancer GLXs they also used before that also would reach around 350K to 400K kms and they were still running very well when i would use them as a service around Cebu before.

Between the Jazz and the Accent diesel. If it was for my personal use, i'd lean toward the Accent diesel at this point mainly because of the diesel engine. I have not personally checked out the Accent HB closely but the Jazz is a big challenger still if you consider the space utilization inside it and of course, long term ownership is and fit and finish is still a proven point with the Jazz. Those are some things to ponder on.
    Last edited by vinj; March 12th, 2013 at 09:13 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by defend2013 View Post
    Mine's 2 yrs old, 63tkms. EGR cleaning lang sa non-consumables. Non-casa maintained akin.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Airport taxi pa yun... heavy duty use...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast