85 47.49%
  • Altis 1.6

82 45.81%
  • Others

12 6.70%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I had the same dilemma before pero Civic ang pinili ko.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    you guys have mentioned na medyo ovrpiriced ang civic... also this thing about the drum brakes.. totoo bang inupdate na ng civic yung brake system nila? how much value should i put on this? peroformance wise bakit kaya mas maganda drive ng civic?

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    www.hondaphil.com

Hehe, yung VTi-S namin drums ang gamit sa likod.

Kung inupdate na ng Honda ang brake system nila, mas ok!

Medyo stiff ang ride ng Civic pero, IMHO, mas maganda ang "feel" niya when you drive it. I was able to test drive an Altis sa The Fort kaya ayun..., I was able to make a comparison.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    tsikot peeps... i was able to check out Mitsubishi Lancer's GLS and MX variant. I was particularly impressed with MX's INVECS-III with 6-speed sportronic engine...says hindi mo mararamdaman yung downshift pag nakamatic ka, and also gives you the feel of the manual transmission with the 'plus' & 'minus' upshift and downshift mode.. galing! So may kalaban na Civic pag dating sa matic shift showdown..

..sez it also is fuel efficient with a 13-14 km/liter consumption..
    ilan ba yung sa altis and civic na 1.6?

..sino naka invecs sa inyo?? can you guys confirm this please?

pipol isali ko na rin yung lancer sa poll.. ganda eh..
    keep the insights coming guys! thanks..

p.s. sir edzzz thanks for suggesting Lancer Invecs!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jerico1978,

the Lancer MX has a CVT, essntially an infinite-speed (across two definite gear ratios) A/T. just search for old threads on CVTs and the Invecs-III A/T if you want to know more about them

oh, and don't believe the 13-14 km/L (city) claim. around 7-9 km/L in the city (depending primarily on traffic and driving style)would be far more realistic for 1.6L compacts in Manila.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Originally posted by mbt
    jerico1978,

the Lancer MX has a CVT, essntially an infinite-speed (across two definite gear ratios) A/T. just search for old threads on CVTs and the Invecs-III A/T if you want to know more about them

oh, and don't believe the 13-14 km/L (city) claim. around 7-9 km/L in the city (depending primarily on traffic and driving style)would be far more realistic for 1.6L compacts in Manila.
    I agree.

8.5km/L ang average ko on a 1 yr. old+ na Civic. Yun nga lang, medyo matraffic ang route ko kasi sa Valenzuela ako nakatira at NLEX ang daan. Bihira din akong humataw.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if we're only talking about the civic and the altis...

i'd pick the civic as the refaced civic looks clean and the tail lamps are nice... the engine is more powerful too as compared to the altis...

the altis has this big boy looks, which when coupled with 14" tires looks really bad... it looks decent enough when plugged in with 15" or 16", throw in the projector lamps and skirts and get the 1.8L variant and you'll have an affordable pocket rocket...

but if i were to also consider the other 1.6L cars out there, i'd either pick the:

lancer mx, mated with the cvt tranny, it will maximize the power from its outdated engine... what bothers me the most is the grille... it looks really cheesy...

lynx, best bang for the buck, as said many times before here in the boards. good looks and the lamps are nice! the only thing that bothers me is the backing up lamps. the centennial edition is really nice and looks very sporty (minus all the chrome). another upcoming special edition is in the works too...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just my two cents...

If we are comparing the Honda Civic Vti-S 1.6 a/t and the 1.6 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6G a/t in terms of features:

The Altis 1.6G a/t sports 4-wheel disc brakes and ABS with electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD). It also has driver and passenger-side airbags for added safety. The auto tranny's Electronic Control Shift mechanism also accounts for extra torque from the low to mid-range rpm band to facilitate quicker overtaking. The engine uses VVTi technology which makes valve timing variable throughout the rpm band.

The Honda Civic Vti-S 1.6 a/t has front disc brakes and rear drums. As far as I know, no airbags, ABS or EBD. While not bad, the auto tranny is the main culprit for a rather slow pick-up from zero to 100 km/h. The engine uses the new 3-step Vtec technology which is more powerful than its predecessor.

I think you can also check the very first issue of C!Magazine for their comparo of the Civic and the Altis. Ultimately though, you can't go wrong with either car since both are really at the top of the food chain.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as has been said the new Civic VTi-S has been updated.

It now has rear disc brakes, rear stabiliser bar, optitron Gauges.
    The VTi-S trim like before has ABS, SRS and EBD. The VTi-S trim previously available only in A/T is now available in M/T

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i believe the Civic VTi-S has dual airbags, ABS, and EBD as standard equipment

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
1.6 Civic VTi versus 1.6 Altis