New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Everytime naririnig ko yan Volks Golf na yan, ang una naisip ko golf car. So pano nyo naiisip na prestigious

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I agree with what most of the folks here have said. If you have the garage space, keep the Montero and get the Golf.

I consider trading the Montero for an Innova a downgrade. Unless you have already been spending more than you would want on maintenance and repairs, I can't think of anything major that the Innova offers that your Montero doesn't already have which will justify a change of car.

I might consider the current Montero a worthy upgrade though, even if it is the base model.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    My heart goes gts all the way but the practical family man needs says otherwise/innova.

This is meant to be a daily driver for the next 5 years at least and to replace a 2012 80t kms montero glsv. Wary ako how the gts will hold 5yrs in all aspects compared to the innova pero i'm sure it would be a heck of a lot more fun.

Ang hirap mag decide kapag exacto lang ang budget.
    I had a 2009 Montero Sport (sold na) and I have a Golf GTS.

If meant to be a daily driver, I'd recommend the GTS since I found it:

1) lighter to drive vs Montero
    2) very nice on long drives and has the power to overtake/merge at will
    3) TDI engine is very efficient; you can hit 18-20km/l on steady highway driving
    4) Nicer to look at vs Innova
    5) cargo space is huge, so if you only need 5 seats, better than Innova
    6) Maintenance is 15,000km or once a year; so maintenance should be at par with Innova or slightly cheaper
    7) solid build quality (12 year anti corrosion warranty baby)

Admittedly, VW is a new brand, and given the traditional preference of Pinoys to the big 3 Japanese firms, resale value is the last factor you should consider. And if you need to seat 7 in a pinch, Innova might be more useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Are there auto shops that sell Volkswagen parts? ...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Id get the golf gts and keep the montero as many others here have advised.

The golf is just way more fun to drive than an innova. Its practical too if your family isnt that big. The goodies it has compared to the innova are on a totally different level.

5 yrs from now you will be earning more money hopefully. So resale value wont be so much of an issue... but at least you got to enjoy 5 years of your driving life that you can never have back. Cant discount that.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Everytime naririnig ko yan Volks Golf na yan, ang una naisip ko golf car. So pano nyo naiisip na prestigious

the vw golf was initially designed to be the replacement of the anti-prestigious air-cooled volkswagen beetle. the original (literally) "people's car".
    my opinion.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 8th, 2018 at 09:17 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Are there auto shops that sell Volkswagen parts? ...
    i see few signage here and there.
    but my guess is, "limited stocks only".
    and, as in the other brands, "none for the new models".

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Id get the golf gts and keep the montero as many others here have advised.

The golf is just way more fun to drive than an innova. Its practical too if your family isnt that big. The goodies it has compared to the innova are on a totally different level.

5 yrs from now you will be earning more money hopefully. So resale value wont be so much of an issue... but at least you got to enjoy 5 years of your driving life that you can never have back. Cant discount that.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro
    Amen to that, bro!

It's better to enjoy your ride each time you take it out. You are talking about more than 1M out here so you might as well get something that makes you smile when you see it in your garage. Unless you are the type of person who would suck it up with a boring car in the hopes of taking some money back a few years after.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My heart goes to the Golf GTS.

My rational mind goes to the Innova.

Depende kung ano ang mas matimbang, the heart or the mind.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Could the GTS's resale value be better than the Innova come selling time given it's a discontinued, sought after model?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast