New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Go for the Altis, it is roomier and safer. Though there are really better deals out there for that amount of money.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    thank you sa lahat ng nag post. eto lang talaga choices ko and i need the unit this month or september. and i will be using it for at least five years.

anyone out there who knows the exact figures of fuel consumption of these variants?

other opinions/comments on other considerations/aspects please?

salamat at mabuhay ang tsikot

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    may 1.6 G altis pa ba or 1.8 na lang? if so, go for the 1.8 E altis...

pero kung 1.6 E altis or 1.5 G vios lang talaga, sa altis na ako.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    go for altis na. if you can stretch your budget a little more then go for the 1.6G model na. mas maraming features that the E model. mas marami ka pang mahihingi na freebies for the altis.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrymaguire View Post
    thank you sa lahat ng nag post. eto lang talaga choices ko and i need the unit this month or september. and i will be using it for at least five years.

anyone out there who knows the exact figures of fuel consumption of these variants?

other opinions/comments on other considerations/aspects please?

salamat at mabuhay ang tsikot
    Altis 1.6E ( My own experience)

Toyota's Claim:
    City: 10km/l
    HW: 16km/l

Actual:
    City (Heavy Traffic) 6.5km/l
    City (Moderate TRaffic) 8-9 km/l

HW (not > 80kph) 17 km/l
    HW (hataw mode) 14km/l

Aircon ON and light foot except hataw mode. For the VIOS, why don't you check the Fuel Consumption Thread.

Meron pa bang 1.6E A/T? Ang alam ko wala na e. G na lahat ng A/T except for the 1.8E, A/T yun.
    Last edited by Picard; August 17th, 2007 at 11:15 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Actual Fuel consumption for stock Altis 1.6E A/T:

city driving: 7.5 to 8 km/li
    mixed city/highway: 10 to 11 km/li
    highway driving : 14 to 15 km/li

using shell super unleaded gasoline/mineral engine oil/32psi tire pressure.
    I seem to get better mileage using shell premium gas for highway/provincial trips.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ford's TDCi is way out of that budget.

At 765k, you're looking at the Accent... fuel economy is terrific compared to anything else out there (real-world highway consumption of 25k plus), but the suspension lacks sophistication and there's no automatic variant. I don't like the overly light electric steering, but it's not any worse than the Vios. Besides the fuel economy, the selling point of the Accent is the amazing punch the engine has... it's the fastest car on the market under 1.2 million pesos.

The Hyundai Getz is a little better in terms of suspension and steering, but it's small. It's still very economical, and it's super-cute, to boot.

The Altis is a bigger car, uses nice materials, but it's kind of bare in 1.6E AT form compared to the 1.5G Vios.

Drove the 1.5G Vios at the MIAS. Engine is punchy, the interior is roomy, with better legroom and headroom than before, except you still can't fit five people comfortably in the rear, because it's narrow, and the suspension is kind of average, but okay. The steering is pretty numb and loose, but otherwise, it's not a bad car. Certainly much more dramatic looking than the old Altis.

The 1.5 A/T, based on the consumption of the older Vios (the engine and transmission are exactly the same) should get about 8-10 km/l City (heavy to moderate traffic), and about 15 km/l highway (hataw mode) and over 20 km/l in eco-run mode.

Only problem, mechanically, for both Toyotas is the very sluggish 4-speed automatic. I'd recommend the Vios in MT, though.

The Honda Civic 1.8 MT can be yours for around the same price. Like the Corolla 1.6E AT, it's also kind of bare (the Vios has more safety features than the both of them put together... ), but given that the Civic has a very stiff and new body-shell, the lack of airbags isn't so bad.

The Civic 1.8 engine is very fuel-efficient for a 1.8... The 1.8 MT should be at least as economical as the Altis 1.6 AT, and it's much, much, much quicker. It's about as fast as most 2.0 MTs. The 1.8 AT is a little less economical, and a little slower, but it has good punch on the highway, and aside from a slow take-off, is good for everyday use.

There's also the Jazz and Swift in that price range. The Swift has the best feeling steering and interior of the Jazz-Yaris-Swift competitors, and it rides very well, only downside is the small back seat and the lack of a manual transmission. The Jazz is the sportiest, most sure-footed and has the most economical automatic transmission, and the best manual transmission (still feels better than the Vios's MT). The Swift should get similar economy numbers to the Vios, and the Jazz should get somewhat better city numbers with the CVT, but similar numbers on the highway.

Good luck, and good shopping. Many of these cars are good cars, but the biggest factor you should consider... which car makes you feel good? Buy accordingly.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    nice comparison sir nicky , btw, di ba pasok ang mitsu lancer dito, ung papalitan na? i heard they have big discounts and freebies since darateng na ung 2008. saka mejo rare pa naman ang lancer

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    matipid din naman ang altis .... i get 9-10 km/l on mine minsan kung swertihin pa 13km/l

the new civic is also a good choice get the S para at least medyo kumpleto konti lang naman idadagdag mo e

the new focus diesel is more than 1m na khit na manual siya

the new lancer is also 1m minimum coz it wont have a low variant daw lahat 2.0l engine, the highest variant will be at 1.3m daw

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The current Lancer is a decent, unobjectionable car in 1.6 CVT. I actually like the suspension a little better than the new Civic's. The big problem is the state of Mitsubishi's local operations, some casas give really bad service... but if you can find a good one (ask at clubmitsu philippines), you should be okay.

The fuel economy is about the best reason to get the current Altis... great engine in that car, although it really does feel old, except when compared to the Sentra and the Lancer, both of which are as old as the Corolla and should be replaced already.

If you want a reliable big car that's really cheap, the Sentra goes for very little, nowadays. Fuel economy in traffic isn't as good as the Corolla's, but on the highway, it's acceptable. Good space, great aircon. Boring, but unobjectionable car, otherwise. The only thing as cheap as a Sentra is the Optra. Great suspension, but the engine and automatic transmission are wretched (I believe this is the only 1.6 AT slower than the Mazda3, and the transmission isn't as responsive!), and fuel economy is poor. I really hope they bring in the diesel version soon.
    Last edited by niky; August 18th, 2007 at 12:51 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
1.5G A/T All New Vios(765k) OR 1.6E A/T Altis(766k discounted)