New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    manilenio, they're just pulling BS. hehehehehehe.

di naman ganun kadali to damage the defogger wiring eh. a simple tinting job will not damage it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT na ito:

You shouldn't really be using the defogger when you have window film type tint. It can 'cook' the film and damage it prematurely.

Blasting the A/C on high for a while usually removes the fog back there.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    window film type? so there are different types of tint?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    so both you and your gf now have altis j's? why dont wait for a new model to come out? the altis have been in the market for such a long time its due for an all-new model..hehe i guess to each his own..i would pick the city (or a jazz) pa rin if i was in your position..para maiba naman. and psylocke's case is an isolated one..horror stories? maybe, but i've heard worst than that.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs
    so both you and your gf now have altis j's? why dont wait for a new model to come out? the altis have been in the market for such a long time its due for an all-new model..hehe i guess to each his own..i would pick the city (or a jazz) pa rin if i was in your position..para maiba naman. and psylocke's case is an isolated one..horror stories? maybe, but i've heard worst than that.
    I originally wanted the City coz it has everything I want, and yes, "para maiba naman." I am fully aware that the Altis is stale by today's standards, and I know Psylocke's case is "somewhat" isolated. However, aside from ABS, and ULT seats, everything else is really superficial in comparison. The Altis is a solid ride, with good resale value. Plus, I haven't heard of recalls or major defects from Toyota cars, nor people complaining about their service. Heck, I see '90 Corolla GL's still running well and lookin' good on our streets. Yeah, the City will be "the one that got away," but I don't mind "the one that I caught." Besides, if my gf likes being seen in her J, I guess I shouldn't mind either

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    manilenio, they're just pulling BS. hehehehehehe.

di naman ganun kadali to damage the defogger wiring eh. a simple tinting job will not damage it.

That may well be, but I'm not willing to risk it . My gf's rear defogger doesn't work since it was first taken out of the kasa, and the sales rep I spoke with kept blaming the tint for it, saying it's really delicate and easily damaged. I'll play it safe, I'll just have the tint above the "delicate" wires like a visor

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    OT na ito:

You shouldn't really be using the defogger when you have window film type tint. It can 'cook' the film and damage it prematurely.

Blasting the A/C on high for a while usually removes the fog back there.
    This would be a great way to freeze

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    been using the altis j 1.6 m/t for quite some time now and masasabi ko lang is isa n to sa sulit na car na nabili namin ! it hassnt really given me any problems and its very relibale and now na may airbag na ang j mas sulit pa lalo price nya, congrats on your new purchase ! if you know the techniques, the car can easily get 10-11km/l city drivng na to a! coz i do hehhe tpos it gets higher pag nagout of town

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Between the two, I'd choose the Altis.

But if you can wait until the first week of March, I suggest you do. March 3 is the launching of the all-new Civic. The base model might just fit your budget.

On a side note, since you're considering the City, why not then get the Jazz?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry
    Between the two, I'd choose the Altis.

But if you can wait until the first week of March, I suggest you do. March 3 is the launching of the all-new Civic. The base model might just fit your budget.

On a side note, since you're considering the City, why not then get the Jazz?

Nah, hands-off na ko sa Honda for now. I'm actually buying this car with cash that I'll be paying off for the next 5 years, so you can tell I'm not Mr. Moneybags. Maybe in the future, when I can buy a car on a whim, with my own money, then I'll consider a Honda. That way, if they give me a lemon car and refuse to replace it (like in Psylocke's case), I can destroy it on national TV and make a statement. Right now though, I can't afford the chance that I "might" get a lemon Honda car, with defects that will saddle me with extra costs and hassles. Toyota is solid, reliable, and old-fashioned... just like me hehe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
1.5 m/t Honda City or 1.6J Toyota Altis