New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    So... if the only choice was between the Altis 1.6J and the City 1.5 VTEC, the Honda is the clear winner, right?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Well..... the City is fugly!!! korteng ipis nga as someone else on this forum commented.

Pero yes, in terms of practicality mas OK siya. Mas matipid, mas malaki cargo capacity, pareho lang ang passenger capacity.. mas safe kasi merong SRS/ABS.. lubusin mo na rin by getting it with the CVT..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke
    Being a City owner I say forget the City. Easy choice, get the Corolla Altis. Check my sig for details.

Honda quality is less than Toyota's? I mean, generally speaking, which is more durable in the long run, and less problematic right out the gate (read: dealership)? I read a lot of horror stories from Psylocke's thread but haven't seen any for Toyota. I'm now almost considering the Altis J again, considering I won't be driving too fast to really need ABS and airbags. I'm not too much of a music freak to actually need the MP3 player (although it'd be nice), and Optitron gauges are really just for show than anything else. I can replace the 14" mags with 15", buy cup holders (P99 each), plus maintenance costs would be cheaper in the long run (considering Honda's outrageous prices). Overall, I'd be driving a full sedan for just 3k more than the City, with more leg room, bigger body, and pogi points.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Aaaarrrggghhhh!!! I'm so confused!!! Pleasantly so, but still confused

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I've just finished reading Psylocke's thread about Honda's bad after-sales support. I can't believe they're that bad, considering their reputation! My mind is made up, it's the Altis J for me. Thanks all for the views, but most of all, thanks to Psylocke's experience. Consider this matter now closed

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    The Altis J has airbags and an MP3 player? Where did you get this info? Last I checked (which was today, with Toyota Otis), it didn't. On top of that, it only came with 14" mags!
    It was on the spec sheet and model unit i checked out (color silver)... I'm pretty sure this was the J since it had the dial type A/C controls and i had to double check with the agent just to be sure. I was wishing for ABS over Airbags though.

Try asking also other Toyota dealers, I was dealing with Toyota P. Tamo...

Goodluck on your soon-to-be purchase.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I already put in a reservation for a black Altis J. Apparently, all 1.6 models only come with 14" mags. Also apparently, the cup holders are those small compartments beside the handbrake. Another thing is, it does have a driver's side airbag. I was advised by Toyota Otis that putting tint on the rear defogger isn't advisable since it may damage the defogger and render the warranty on it void. I still want ABS though... and since the J doesn't come with it, ingat na lang talaga

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmm.. that's new! the altis J suddenly becomes a better buy since may SRS na pala siya. although 14" rims are kinda small, it's not surprising considering this is the entry-level model.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    15s look small on the altis pa nga eh. hehehehehehe...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    15s look small on the altis pa nga eh. hehehehehehe...
    Actually Funny about those dealers, they offer free tinting, but don't tell you that if they damage the rear defoggers due to the tinting process, you can't blame them

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
1.5 m/t Honda City or 1.6J Toyota Altis